Steam whistle sound when opening home page

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TrainNut, Mar 20, 2006.

?

Would you like to hear a steam whistle sound when opening the home page of this site?

Poll closed Apr 19, 2006.
  1. Yes, that would be neat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, that would alert others in my household as to just how often I access this site!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not a steam whistle but another sound associated with trains.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Let's stretch a point and say that the Gauge is like home. Therefore, the NIMBY principal applies, or, "I don't care what railroad sites have sound, but not the Gauge." I hope I interpreted that right.:D

As for sound, I keep my speakers on low all the time. I do have a steam whistle that goes off when I have new email.announce1 That's by choice. And yes, I do get a bit aggravated when I go to a site and start hearing sounds that I didn't expect to get or want, or worse yet, a video, scrolling banners or dancing chickens.:curse: :curse: As many times as I come here every day, and as many times as I click on the link to take me back to the main page, it would drive me nuts in no time. Well, maybe drive me futher nuts is more accurate.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would think that someone could write a small script file that would play a .wav file before taking them to the Gauge link or set it up at another site so you go there first, play your sound while you link to here.:thumb:
  2. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

I loathe, abominate and detest websites that play music or sound effects, forcing me to scramble for the volume control to preserve my fragile sanity!! :rolleyes:

Val
  3. Livesteam45

Livesteam45 New Member

All in good fun I'm sure, but, no.
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I'm with you, Val, and, it would seem, the majority. There's already too much noise around us. However, I must take issue with your statement about your fragile sanity: I was under the impression that "model railroader" and "sanity" were mutually exclusive terms. I know that my family certainly thinks that I'm nuts.

Wayne
  5. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I always thought that the "hobby" keeps us sane :D :D :D