Steam Traction Engine Model in Paper?

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Hi all,

Has anybody seen a card model of the steam show-type of traction engines, that were copper & brass showpieces on the roads at the turn of the last century?

The type I am referring to is the second one in this YoTube video clip, after the pulling steam tractor, the red one with the frilly roof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrLZZEP0I5o&NR=1

It would be nice to model one of these in paper . . .

Best regards,
Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:

rmks2000

Jun 29, 2006
Bengt,

Paper Models International (PMI) had a reprint at one time. It was pretty impressive when I saw it at the convention in Virginia a few years back. Send an email to Lou to see if he still has one.

Bob

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Steam Traction Engine

Thanks for the tip, Bob!

I´ll try with Lou at PMI. Moduni.com didn´t have any and they are quite big on card models.

Bengt :thumb:

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Steam Traction Engine / Showman´s Road Locomotive

Hi Bob,

I got an answer from Lou - they used to have it (a re-print from an older model) but due to a copyright issue they had to stop making the re-prints. I will keep on looking . . .

GT5500

Apr 23, 2006
Kent, England
I got one from ebay I think its by showcase models, nice artwork not really detailled but should look impressive when built, keep looking:thumb:

TractorFan1407

Feb 24, 2009
Hey there, I need some assistance, I am building a website all about tractor videos, to date I have gathered 365 individual farm tractor brands and I hope to document every farm tractor make and model ever made. In particular I am looking for images and videos of rare old timer tractors, such as Graham Bradley, Allis-Chalmers or Massey-Harris. If you are in a position to help, drop me a line at admin (at) youtractor.com. Any content you provide will remain your property and you will be credited with it.

I look forward to hearing from you

Patrick Malloney
http://www.YouTractor.com

Bengt F

Nov 26, 2005
Hey, TractorFan,

This is not what this thread was all about . . .
I was asking around for card models of certain types of showman´s steam traction engines.

Best,