Steam locomotive hunt

Wiredup

Dec 8, 2007
Hey all,
I'm finally getting back into this glorious hobby after a 10 year break. I have pretty much lost all of my rolling stock and locomotives, very little still survives. So I'm looking to 'restart' so to speak.

I'm going to be modeling in N scale, but I know there is more HO scale loco's available in different 'styles', and there is a couple of locos I want for display purposes because they mean SO much to my childhood and my identity. These are:

CNR 4-8-2 Light Mountain '6060' Bullet Nosed Betty (would actually take any Light Mountain that shares the '6060's bullet nosed. I can repaint if I have too)

CP 4-8-4 Royal Hudson (once again, will take any Hudson that shares the same look as the Royal)

These two locos are ones that I would love to have, especially if I can find them in N Scale (which is why I'll be reposting this in the N scale forum as well), but would love the HO's as well for display.

I know there was a Presidents Choice version of the '6060' but I've been having a hell of a time finding one. Is there any other known builder of these models?

jr switch

Oct 11, 2006
northern Indiana
4-6-4 Hudson

Wired, I have a Rivarossi 4-6-4 NYC Hudson that would be a good stand-in for a Royal Hudson. This is a really sharp engine, has the cool looking grey wheels with the lightning holes in them. PM me and I'll give you some details--------John R

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
To get a true Royal Hudson in HO scale you would probably have to go to brass. However Years ago a company called 'Miniatures by Eric' made a conversion kit for an 'N' scale royal hudson. Try googling them to see if they still have it. As for the Bullet-nosed betty, the President's choice engine was an IHC model (I have one) you could try them, if not keep yours eyes on Ebay for your best bet they do turn up from time to time.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Wow, you've certainly picked two very distinct-looking locos. I think that you'll be looking at brass if you want accurate models, or some very serious kitbashing.
Here's my friend cn nutbar's 6060, in HO scale:
6060w_008.jpg

6060w_020.jpg

Wayne

Wiredup

Dec 8, 2007
Wow, you've certainly picked two very distinct-looking locos. I think that you'll be looking at brass if you want accurate models, or some very serious kitbashing.
Here's my friend cn nutbar's 6060, in HO scale:
6060w_008.jpg

6060w_020.jpg

Wayne

wow, that looks really really good!

Thanks for the help guys. I'm doing some lookin around right now.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Wiredup: the PC 6060s sell at a premium at train show (or at least are offered at a premium). I forget about the loco -- I think the handrails were a bit wrong -- while the tender is far too long.
Royal Hudsons are just not available except as premium models -- some brass and a few odd O gauge ones.