steam donkey...

NCMRailroad

Jul 29, 2006
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering where a good place would be to purchase good quality early logging equipment in HO scale such as a steam donkey, and other misc. tools (saws, axes, riggers, and logger ppl. too)
rgd's,
NCMRailroad:thumb:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I've built one using an empty rifle shell for the boiler and old clock gears for the transmissions. I also know that Life-like makes a plastic ready to use steam donkey as a flatcar load.
I think Keystone makes alot of logging gear and tools so try checking them out as well.

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
MasonJar said:
Lots of that stuff has been scratch built by members of The Gauge. In particular look for posts by jon-monon and shamus...

Andrew

The best sources are the magazines Narrow Gauge & Short Lines or the mentioned Timber Times. Both are full with sources for such equipment.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Milepost models / Turner model works ( Pat Turner) makes a small donkey kit in 1/48 scale...........It could be used to build a Large Roading Donkey in HO though with a little modifying here and there.........She'd be a large Donkey for sure, the kind used for them big trees out west!!
Here's Pats site
http://www.TurnerModelWorks.com
And heres one of his Kits in progress..........The boiler frame cable spools piping etc comes with the kit, everything else is either scratchbuilt or detail parts from other sources (like grant line NBW's etc
Donkeyinprogress.jpg

NCMRailroad

Jul 29, 2006
Thanks to all that replied to my thread about "Steam Donkey" The help and advice was much appreciated!!
NCMRailroad

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Rio Grande Models ,Keystone Models for Donkeys and other equipment kits. Evergreen Hill Designs has tools in both HO and O scale. Also, Oso Publishing has books and the magazine Tall Timber Short Lines which is a quarterly. As peviously mentioned, Timber Times and Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette magazines all have a wealth of info and ad's for logging modeling.