Steam Donkey

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Steam Donkey Kit in N-Scale

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered or built any KMP Models kits?
Reason I ask is they have what I think is a beautiful model of a Willamette loader Steam Donkey. My older eyes just can't scratch build one in N-scale or even find the right parts if I could. I figured some others might be in the same fix so if you want to take a look I show the link. It is a Ho & O gauge outfit but they do make one in n-scale. Let me know what you think of it.
Go here http://www.valleymodeltrains.com

Ron

PS. Its second from the bottom on the page

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Hi Ron ,

I have built 2 of the KMP kits in HO scale only,the sawmill and a bunk house.Both kits are craftsamn style with white metals castings and timber.I found the instructions and templates included very easy to understand and i was vey happy with the overall kit when finished.

All i can presume is that the N scale kits are as good...

Hope this helps you. :D

Cheers

Ian

heres a pic of the sawmill...

saw1.jpg

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Ian,
Thanks a lot for your imput. Thats a beautiful sawmill you built there. As far as I know its the only item in N-scale they have now as there big on Ho and O gauge. I'm going to order one. Thanks again Ron

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Jon,
I don't know if you went to that website or not but it sure looks like a great kit. I been watching the logging line and trying to come up with detailed parts but with no luck in n-scale. I'm scratch building my sawmill now but will have no detail inside because of lack of parts. I have my fingers crossed that after the new n-scale Shay comes out in the fall someone will build a kit with details like the steam donkey. We can only hope for now.

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ron,
The Willamette Yarder Steam Donkey is a white metal kit and is very easy to put together. When painted and weathered, looks really great.
Shamus

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Well, we just may have to make or own kit one day. Not much to a donkey, and we have several talented resin casters. If negotiations with my Cheif Financial Officer go well and I get approval for the capitol purchase of a small lathe, I could easily make the cylindrical parts as a master. I am currnetly attempting to bribe her with jewelry. Next: all out begging and groveling.

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Thanks for the input Shamus. On the website it sure looks like one fine kit. I have ordered one and can't wait to recieve it. Now once this N-Scale shay comes out in the fall a good sawmill kit will come on board.

Ron