Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Sounds great! Good luck with this, hope it works out for you. I know what it's like to put a lot of hard work into something and see it come together, unfortunately, my little project ruffled to many feathers.

Can't wait to see the finished model.:thumb:
  2. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

no 1/72 versions?

all my plastic, paper, airplane models are 72nd scale...
  3. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

you can always reduce the PDF.....;)

CJT, what was the project?

B
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Oh I don't know, I can't remember.....something to do with Star Trek, I think, it's all a blur right now.:mrgreen:
  5. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

OK....finally!!!! Here's some pics with the gear in place. remember, this is an Alpha build....I'm going to start on fixes in the next day or two (yes, I know the aft landing bay doors are hinged wrong; and the nose wheels are too big) and texturing. :mrgreen:

The hydraulics are rolled regular paper (two pieces) all other parts are regular card stock.

Attached Files:

6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

WHOOT! Cool beans. Always making progress.:thumb:
  7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

EXCELLENT WORK LOOK FORWARD TO ORDERING A COPY FROM YOU :thumb:
  8. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

"...go for talons!!" way to go! theres absolutley no turning back now :thumb: great work! this will be well worth the buy.:D
  9. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

sorry to be off topic here but does anyone have a CAD model or blueprints of the EDI/UCAV? i'm thinking of giving the design a shot...would make a great partner for this kit:D
  10. Paladin

Paladin Member

Greetings Armorman,
    I was just curious to see how things are going? I'm guessing life is occupying your time right now!?!

Littlemodeler, There is a paper model of the EDI/UCAV out, but it is not a good likeness at all. However, I'm sure a talented person, with the time, could use the design and improve it to make it much more like the movie model.
  11. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Paladin,

Life has indeed intruded upon design time (plus I took a short break to build the Leman Russ Tank that is available in the DL section).

Both my cars are having problems. One is going to the scrapyard today (so I can have gas for the other) and the other has a bad spider gear, which means no torque so it is really slow taking off (0-60 in oh say....a week).

I also had to do some toy design comps for a company. :)

I am hoping to get some time on it today, but we'll see....
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Jeez, sounds like the kind of luck I had last month. Believe me.."I feel your pain.."
  13. Paladin

Paladin Member

I understand completely. I have had a couple models I have been trying to get off the drawing board, and into a build, but I keep finding other things to keep me too busy to finish them at the moment. I need to get up one morning, and have nothing planned, and no work to do other than "creating"
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

OK. Here's some of my stupidity....I've spent the last several hours working on the control console. wall1 I could have done all the art in Illustrator, but ohhh nooo...I want to make it accurate so I actually take some screen grabs and modify them and shrink them down to fit the parts!

"So what's wrong with that?" you may ask. Well, when you work on a vector image (part in Illustrator) and have it blown up to fill your screen, you think "This is going to look soo cool!" then you save out the file to post progress (which seems to be verrrrry little) and you come up with this:

I'm going to bed now.......:curse:

Attached Files:

15. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I felt like this when I was doing consoles for my Enterprise bridge models. You look at a console up close and it looks awesome! Then you zoom out and it looks like you've achieved nothing.

Upon saying that, I think it's the details that make a great model!
  16. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

Hi Armorman !!you've Come A Long Way,your Talon Looks Great!!the Details In A Kit Will Always Be Stressful And Hateful When Things Don't Turn Out As Planed! I Been There To Many Times,going Back To Square One Sucks !! Your Talon Is Definetly A Fine Look'n Bird!!i Commisioned A 36"talon From A Fellow Modeler I'm Look'n Forward To That Kit And Yours Amorman!!i'll Send Ya Pics When I Get It!!sometimes,you Got To Stand Back And Look At Your Project From A Different Point Of View To Find The Answer You've Been Look'n For!!
  17. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

"A bottle of whiskey, a gun and two bullets"

....That should fix the problem....
  18. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

NAh!! SOMETIMES ITS BETTER TO GET THAT RUNNING START BEFORE YOU JUMP IN ,THAN A STANDING JUMP ,DIFFERANCE IS YOU JUST MIGHT MAKE IT AGAIN!!AND AGAIN !!I WISH I COULD TELL YA THE ANSWER ON HOW TO FIX IT !BUT THAT Y YOUR THE ARMORMAN AND I'M NOT!!MAYBE SOME ONE OUT IN THE MODELING COMMUNIT CAN LEND YA A HELPING HAND!!KEEP ON IT !!YOUVE MADE IT THIS FAR ,THE HARDEST PART IT DONE WITH THE MODEL ,IT EXISTS!! NOW ITS ON TO ADDING A REALITY CALLED DETAILS!!WHICH MAKES REALY MAKES A BIG DIFFERANCE!BE PROUD YOU GOT A LOT OF PEOPLE AND MODELERS THAT GET INSPIRED FROM YOUR WORK !!YOU'LL MAKE IT !!!
  19. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

It's not an issue of knowing what to do, but having the time to do it.
  20. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Well, the control panel is finally done!

As I am not planning to try to use any more screen grabs for textures, I hope things will go quicker...

Attached Files: