Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Would I be on the right track if I were to say, "Snakes, I hate snakes!"?
  2. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

"I'm looking for an amulet....you know the one, bronze with and offset jewel in the center."
  3. Master-Bruce

Yep. Now I've gotcha. :)
  4. Janx

Janx Member

look forward to that one.
  5. Master-Bruce

Indeed. ARMORMAN, How do things go with the Talon?
  6. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Looks like the engines are finally going together. Will post as soon as I can.
  7. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

cool.......pics please :)
  8. Janx

Janx Member

Definitely, hungry for more :)
  9. Master-Bruce

Good news! Can't wait to see it.
  10. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Here we go....I gotta be up at 4am, but I feel this pressure....here's one side and wing. There's still some issues with the exhaust, but the general frame is looking good. Still haven't decided how to attach the wings yet.

:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Great looking model so far!

I know exactly what you mean about needing to get to bed but wanting to post progress, I find myself doing it more and more every time I design one of my small models.
  12. Master-Bruce

Looking great, you can see it taking shape now.
  13. Janx

Janx Member

That looking really good Armour.
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

THX, Hope to have more pics by the weekend.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Armorman, that's fantastic! I've wondered if anyone would ever tackle the Talon. You definitely make good use of guilt-induced insomnia!

K'Jev
    8)
  16. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Hi Armorman, Any advances on your Talon?
    I know the Holidays are stressfull so please don't feel pressured.
    I was just curious about your project.
  17. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

I am TRYING to get to it today. I have put a hold on all customer projects to get this thing built. Tonight is what I'm shooting for to finish the body and then it's off to the landing gear....
  18. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Hi all, here's what's going on. I have completed mods on the exhaust and am in the middle of assembling the engine assemblies. This is for all practical purposes an Alpha build (although parts have already been modified and test built several times). It is shaping up to be a fairly complex model because of all the complex curves. I know what I am going to do to make the tailfins variable, but I am going to wait until the next full build to modify. I will be posting (hopefully tomorrow) pics of the alpha assembly sans landing gear/bays as they are needing a LOT of rework.

Once the pics are posted, I will not be able to get back to the model until after Jan. 16 as I have a test project for a possible toy/game/book designer job that is going to take my full attention (pray for me, if you are so lead) as well as a late Christmas commitment that must be fulfilled (I'll post pics as well - just for fun).

The next phase will be a texture map beta build which will also have the design changes incorporated into it and creation of the assembly directions. Once this is complete to my satisfaction, I will probably be asking for a few test builders (wait until I ask) to "look over my shoulder" and make sure that the average joe with some paper modeling experience can build it.

I would like to note to all potential beta testers, that this will have a deadline, and I would want feedback (last time I did this, I had 10 beta testers and one person gave me feedback - now I know how Christ felt with the healing of the ten lepers).

So far I have a year plus into this thing (not straight). I want to do the Raiders Flying Wing next, but I also would just like to build some other works for the fun of it...so I'll see.
  19. Paladin

Paladin Member

Armorman, you have my prayers for whatever you need.
    God Bless you and your family, and I pray that you are having a great New Year.

Steven
  20. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Here's the pics you've been waiting for (and only 2 months later than I had hoped for)....at least it was before the new year (here).

Happy New Year to all I wish you all the best and hope the pics were worth the wait.

B:mrgreen:

Attached Files: