Status on Brakie?

papasmurf37

Feb 23, 2003
NH
Visit site
Has anyone here heard how Larry is doing?
The last word we got over on RRF is that a member received private e-mail from his daughter, stating that he had a heart attack and was hospitalized. That was several days ago and nothing since.
Very concerned and if anyone has an update, please post! TTFN........Tom in NH

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I too am very concerned about Brakie. Since his daughter posted the information we have heard nothing further. I sent him an email, but have had no response as yet.

Unfortunately, no one has a phone number for him, or any contact information at all for his daughter. She posted the info using Brakie's log in, so there's no way of getting ahold of her. We don't even know her name.

I spent an hour phoning around to the hospitals in the area, but with no real knowledge of that area, I was kind of flying blind. Needless to say I didn't turn up anything, or I would share the info here.

If anyone has any information on this, or knows the name of the model RR club Brakie belongs to, or the hospital he was checked into, please let us know.

Val

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Officiallly as Gauge Admin - I think everyone wants to know about "One of our own" :) :)

It shows great respect & comraderie'. Our notice came in the Mod Forum therefore we naturally thought that Brakie had asked his daughter not to make it "General Knowlege".

The original post (Dated 3-30-05, makes his Heart Attack 3-29-05)

Hi this is maryanne brakies daughter he wanted me to let you know that he had a heart attack yesterday evening and he is good and he will be gone for a couple of days from here.

thanks,

maryanne

---------------------------

And That's all we know :( As soon as anyone finds out ANY information, Please PM me or Robin and let us know!! :( :(

~~ Thank you!!!!!!

~~ The Gauge Staff

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
I hope Larry's going to be ok and i'm sure he'll be fine but will likely have to deal with one of those big ol battleaxe nurses who wont let him get excited........then again it could be one of those young pretty ones and he doesnt want to leave ;)

My BIL had a heart attack monday night and he was life flighted 200 miles to the twin cities where they put a stint in his heart due to an 80% blockage.He was released today and is now home resting comfortably.

I am relating this only to let you all know that while heart attacks are serious,they have come a long way in dealing with them and are getting people back on thier feet reasonably fast considering.
Larry will be back very soon I'm sure :)