Starting Layout

mrgooch

Mar 30, 2002
Toms River N.J.
Visit site
Remember Our Vets

It's been awhile since I did any new work on the layout. I have been waiting for some supplies. I did start a project which I think turned out well. I decided to do some backround work on the layout. I used 1/8" masonite and made sections. I painted them blue,then I used 1 can flat white and 1 can light grey spray paint. I bought two large pieces of construction paper and made my own stencils to be used for the clouds. This part was easy. The next day I was searching on the internet for pictures suitable for my layout. I downloaded them and enlarged them on my computer. I printed them also making some reverse images to elongate the scene. I printed them and then cut out everything above the mountains. I glued them to the painted backround and you can see the enclosed [ 3 ] panels.

mrgooch

Mar 30, 2002
Toms River N.J.
Visit site
Layout Update

I have just started to landscape. I have been making trees until I got sick of them.Ihave about 42 more to go. I have the one panel of the backround up temporarily just for the photo,the other one is painted on the wall itself. I have alot to do around the lake and the two sideings.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
I like it! :cool: But where are all the trees at that you were sick of making? :p You guys that model the West with its barren landscapes save at least 2 hours per square ft. on your trees alone. :D That aside, I really do like it, it's looking sharp. Keep us posted!

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
mrgooch,

Great job on the back grounds and I am specially envious of your cloud work. I'm afraid to try it, I've had to repaint my skyboards three times before I was satisfied with that results, clouds? uhh-uhh, think I will stick to a clear cloudless day. Your pictures are also great, enjoy looking at the continuos progress.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
mrgooch my friend, you have a very nice looking layout indeed. Nice idea for the backdrop, making the computer work overtime :rolleyes:

Shamus