Started......

Well i finally started work again. Todays work started with a complete rebuild of the bench work. It is now twice as strong. As well as new sheets of foam, i have started to map out the track on the one end of the layout.

Looking towards the yard and engine facility
yard%201.JPG

Looking towards the junction
over%201.JPG

And a blurry overall shot, but you get the idea.
over2.JPG

Tommorow will be finishing the benchwork and gluing the foam down. As well as creating the risers for the elevated line at the rear.:wave:

Oroka

Looks good there, reminds me of my layout. Wood, blue foam, and tracks ;)

I like you menthod of figuring out your track layout.

And today we made more progress.

Put all the rough risers in to get an idea of spacing.
overall3.JPG

A little further down showing the elevated line and some of the town.
overall4.JPG

A shot looking away from the yards. The line to the right will be from staging, and follows a river bed in to town
under%20bridge%202.JPG

And one last shot showing the approach to town
under%20bridge%20clear.JPG

:wave:

And a little more progress.

This is the front edge of the layout along the main street of a small town.
street%20side.JPG

An overall shot of the yard area in this town. 2 engine service tracks and a few industries will be here.
Yard%20over.JPG

And one last one showing the town and yard area.
yard%20over%202.JPG

Well I had a very productive saturday. And as of this post time I have completed the roadbed for the entire main line,and staging. Even got to test run the lower half:thumb:

A shot showing the branch lines approach along the river.
over%204.JPG

The grade heading towards the overpass.
over%205.JPG

The down grade shot with the town in view.
over%206.JPG

First train Heading up the grade.
over%208.JPG

Hopefully the honeydo listannounce1wont be too large tommorow, and i may have the main line finished, and Running

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
That looks like a pretty steep grade on the right hand side curving up and around behind the industries. Then it seems to flatten out for a while. Perhaps you could bite into the flat a little bit and lessen the grade? Then again, the photo could be deceiving.
EDIT: I also just went back and re-read your comments and see that was just roughed in. While you don't have another photo of the same area after the new incline foam it looks like you have already addressed that issue. Sorry... bogus comment.

Ya it is a 2% grade on the layout that line just goes up the hill, across the bridge and back down. Would like to have less. But im trying not to occupy the whole room:rolleyes:

I never even noticed that. That isnt the current plan hanging there. That was the previous attempt. But i will post a plan in the next few days.

Petervan

It looks pretty good so far. how large is the layout going to be? how many main lines are you going to have?

Its 3' wide at each end to allow for a wider radius, then narrows to 2' in the middle. The total layout is 12' long for now:rolleyes:. Single track main line, with one branch line/staging area.

Well were finally getting somewhere. Me and my assistant worked for 3 hours last night and came up with this.

Base Colors added.
Scenery%20Start.JPG

Scenery%20Start2.JPG

First coat of ground cover.
Getting%20closer.JPG

The local MOW crew
MOW%20worker.JPG

And a basic start, and some ballast
Trees.JPG

Well i managed to make a little more progress today. Layed out the Mine track. Some of you may recognize the mine. It was one of Robins creations that was sent to me. I think it will fit well once some scenery goes in.

Mine%20Start.JPG

Well thankfully in a way it rained today. Gave me some time to work on the layout. Mainly the mine area.

Starting to build up the hills.
Hill%20Bild%20Up.JPG

The upper part will be removable to allow access to the 2 tracks in the tunnels.
Mine%20Start%202.JPG

An overall shot of the area being built up.
Mine%20Start%203.JPG

And some land appears.
Mine%20Start%206.JPG

More Land
Mine%20Start%207.JPG

And a visit from another railroad passes over the EH&S tracks.
Guest%20Power.JPG

Let there be light!

Well i finally got around to putting up the light fixtures i bought oh 5 months ago.......
LIght.JPG

As well i managed to add some tunnel portals as well.

Tunnel%201.JPG

More hopefully tommorow after some of the glue dries :)