Started on jaybat's BSG Raptor

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Syph007, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Syph007

Syph007 Member

I'm working my way through all of his BSG models. This is the second one I've started after finishing the viper mk 2 first.

I remembered to take some pictures as I've put the parts together, so I'll post as many as make sense. I found some of the parts confusing to place so hopefully this may help anyone else who's making one.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Syph007

Syph007 Member

Have a few more pictures.

Attached Files:

3. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Good work so far. There are a few build threads out there and a good tutorial on one of the French sites. I also built it but do not use my build as a reference, I tended to go a little overboard. So what is next?
  4. Syph007

Syph007 Member

Hi, next I'm doing the cylon raider, then the Battlestar Galactica itself. Havent decided if Im going to do jaybats version or the other one Ive seen on this site.
  5. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Looking good! If you plan to detail it or need clarification on parts, I suggest you check out Silveroxide's thread on it. http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164914

Although he advises you don't use it as a reference, I would have to disagree :) It's a very in depth thread and you can learn a whole lot from it!
  6. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Which Cylon raider, the TOS or the Re-imagined one. I tend to go for the TOS, because you can really super detail it by cut and pasting the numerous panels on it. The Re-imagined version has very tricky contours. If you use the newer version, Use white spackle putty sparingly for the edges, but it means that you will have to do a lot of retouching. If you want to do the Galactica, there is a 3 foot long around here someplace.
  7. Syph007

Syph007 Member

Thanks, I'll check out the thread. Got the main parts together finally. Had to make a bunch of extra internal bracing to stiffen the inside up.

Attached Files:

8. Syph007

Syph007 Member

A few more progress pictures.

Attached Files:

9. Syph007

Syph007 Member

And the final pictures. I tried to show each angle to make it clear how the parts are connected. The rear area was where I was having trouble finding good pictures before.

Attached Files: