Starship Troopers- Rodger Young

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

That's just a mechanism to keep spambots and pirates at bay; don't worry, you'll soon have your chance to build one of the coolest spacecraft in cinema. :cool:
  2. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

actually i have a good bit built already , just needed these pieces
  3. F131

F131 Member

So let's see some pics, already.
  4. roger439

roger439 Member

hi all great site but i have question. the downloads section seems to be gone.I am looking for the "rodger young" model download.Any help would b greatly appreciated.thx
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Roger439, you must make 10 Substantial posts before you can download any models, and they have to be spread out. Give it a couple of weeks and then send me a P.M. and I will guide you to the spot.
  6. F131

F131 Member

7. roger439

roger439 Member

thx for the info.LOL I found that out last night.I have always been into models and the RY looks like it would b a great build.I am actually considering using it as a template to build a styrene version and over lay the plastic with the paper.I am looking forward to posting pic when i start the build.
    Roger
  8. roger439

roger439 Member

I have a question.i downloaded the Rodger Young and started to print it. when i set my printer to none on scaling i realize the pdf page is huge the page is 81.1X106in.What am i doing wrong?I have to set the page size to 8.5X11 to make it fit. It looks too small.Thx in advance for any help.
  9. F131

F131 Member

I remember having that issue. Don't adjust/touch the settings. It should print accurately. It worked for me. I think the "none" scaling was for the alternative parts.
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

F131, I'm happy you picked up on this, you are the official expert now! :)
  11. roger439

roger439 Member

thx for the help.just want to do it right.
  12. F131

F131 Member

Yeah, when your printing 60 pages you want to make sure the are at the right dimention. As long as the parts are printing on the whole page, you are doing it correctly.
  13. roger439

roger439 Member

i may have issue then.because i seem to have a border around parts. printer is epson nx300 using plain 110lb cardstock
  14. F131

F131 Member

You may need to set your image to "fit/fill the page." I hope this helps. Btw, 110 cardstock is what I used and it worked great.
    Bob
  15. Zathros

Zathros Guest

One thing is to be consistent with whatever settings you choose. Use the same printer and you will make consistent parts and the colors will match. Printer settings can be tricky and make sure you get the settings you settle on established. I used to right them down. Sometimes I still do. After a while, you get used to what you are looking for. You have chosen an awesome project though.
  16. F131

F131 Member

I couldn't agree more.
  17. Chilihead-Do

Chilihead-Do Member

:eek::eek::eek: Wow, that's awesome.
    Respect. :thumb:
    I think it could be my occupation in the bad-weather-winter-months. :mrgreen: