Starship Troopers- Rodger Young

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Nov 11, 2009.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you for that brilliant and thoughtful response. Sounds like you put a lot of work into that! Kudos!:thumb:
  2. F131

F131 Member

Ditto what MTK said.:thumb:
  3. F131

F131 Member

Heat index for the next couple of days are going to be above 100 degrees with 80+ humidity. I just printed her out and plan to start on builder her in AC comfort. I've taking a couple of months off after my TOS Galactica build, and even had time (before my garden started to produce) to build the New Republic Star Destroyer (plastic, sorry), so I'm ready to start cutting paper.
  4. F131

F131 Member

I am a little confused about the "alternate" parts. Are these to be used with exisisting parts or replace? Thank you.:thumb:
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

My son is really buggin' (no pun intended ) me to build this. I told him he is going to have to wait till he can pitch in. He's 11, and can, he just won't accept that reality yet!
  6. F131

F131 Member

Looking at the 3" stack of cardstock parts.........I'm guessing this may take awhile (and a place to put it).:mrgreen:
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

You know, I've got anough on my plate.... But... Every time I look at this, I think about changing priorities. I love big ships. Though the movie may not be my favorite, Heinlein is one of my favorite authors and this is definatelty one of the "best" book.
  8. Kjev

Kjev Member

True. I'd read the book and was excited to take my wife to see the movie.

It was definitely one where the props were excellent (I loved the ships, the guns, the armor, and so forth), but the dialogue, story line, plot, characters, actors, and that aspect of it sucked. And the next two were even worse, if you can believe it.

Can't believe I blew twenty bucks that night. And that was in college, when twenty dollars was a LOT of money.
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I always liked how Denise Richards could be impaled by a but like that (in the end of the first flick) and happily walk along with her buddies, with an 8 inch hole in her shoulder. I guess she was made of the right stuff. She sure is pretty to look at, then she blows it when she speaks. I actually found a pic of that scene. It strained credulity so much, I guess I wasn't the only one to notice.

Attached Files:

10. Kjev

Kjev Member

My 5-year old is like that. So far, he has a list:
    • A helmet (a pig-faced bascinet, no less)
    • Finish the Shadowcat battlemech I'm making for him
    • Build a Daishi battlemech for him
    • One other thing I can't recall offhand.

By the way, both of the Battlemechs aren't just paper models. He wants them scaled to fit his Star Wars action figures. I've got enough modeling to keep me busy for a year.
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Yeah, scaling models to fit Halo figurines from Lego, or is it Megablocks, is the new request!
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

That'd be a relief. They're ROUGHLY (and I heavily emphasize that word) about 1:48, but I'm sure that's off. Lot's smaller than his 3 1/2 inch clone trooper.

Sooo... anyone volunteer to upscale the ol' Rodg for megablocks?:eek:
  13. ekuth

ekuth Guest

You want to UPSCALE the RY????

*braingoesexplodybitsallover*
  14. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

I can't for the life of me find the downloads section, i have the version thats missing the bottom nose piece
  15. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

ok, found the downloads section and the improved parts, however i only registered yesterday- now it says I don't have permission to download, how do i get permission?
  16. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

oh ,sorry I now know everything like the ten post limit for downloads and stuff, so yah looks like i'll put up the rodger for a week
  17. F131

F131 Member

I think you need to make 10 posts (praise others work) before you can download. Hope this helps.
  18. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

I was hoping to get this one done, before thanks giving ,but its not a problem
  19. RazgrizBSG27

RazgrizBSG27 New Member

yah just found that in the intro section. also your account has to be a week old
  20. F131

F131 Member

Good luck. I've been working on mine since July.....and I am still not done.