StarFox Great Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Soaring, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Guest

[​IMG]YAY! Almost finished with the bridge! Probably 30 more minutes tomorrow, and it will be complete! But, I still have to add some more greebles, an interior to the hangar, which will probably take the goo part of tomorrow.

Can you feel this model on your shelf =o I can just picture it on mine....

[​IMG]

2. Kjev

Kjev Member

jawdrop Wow!

I was going to help my brother-in-law build this, but I'm seriously considering building another one for me! FANTASTIC!!!

K'Jev the Awestruck
    :shock:
  3. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Thanks Kjev ;)

I think you'd better help your Brother in Law, I've unfolded the raw model, and looks like it'll be a scary model =o However, what really makes it time consuming is the repeatative parts on the wings, greebles, and more, so I guess you guys should start thinking of some other objects to represent those greebles ;p Otherwise, you could be really brave and do it all :shock:

Anyways, I'm going to eat some ice-cream, take a short nap, study for a little, then finish up this model,

"She'll be coming round the moutain when she comes...."
  4. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Finally!

She is complete! Sorta! I finally finished the Great Fox (Whew) :thumb: Hope you guys like the short pictures of the finished model, I plan to "spruce" up on some parts where I think it's too bland, or where more details should be. I should be starting the unfolding process by this Friday, Yay! :mrgreen:

On one of the pictures, I blurred some bits, because I always wanted, even when I was starting this project, to see this model if its engines were warming up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  5. wow how big is this gonna be
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Wow. Ummmmmmm. . . destructions? Maybe I will help him. His only project before was the Arwing. He'll be thrilled to see it, though.
  7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Soaring that is impressive :D Love the base to :D

G1
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

IN-FRAKKING-CREDIBLE!! I'm in utter awe at this one! It makes me want to finish texturing my Arwing even more(actually, since I'm burning out with the textures and I think there are people with better programs than me, I'm going to get someone else to take over).

You get 6 out of 5 stars from me, Soaring. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  9. Soaring

Soaring Guest

-Starship: I've just started testbuilding, and it will be.. 1.5 feet long xD

-Kjev, Whats Destructions? o_O I think you should help him, I just finished the testbuild for the Tail wing, and GOSH. Try building 7 parts in 1mm. Killer.

-Getter: Thanks man, the base took a while :) But I'm sure it will hold the model upright!

-MF: In-Frakking-incredible, wow, new word :) Thanks, I'd love to see more of your Arwing :)

6 out of 5 stars? Thats like...1 more star than 5 :p Thanks guys, I'm lfattered that you guys like the model. Now believe me, it will be a PAIN to build. I'll start posting pictures of the testbuild tomorrow.
  10. 7 parts!!! 1mm!!! my eyes cant see anything that small be intresting to see done though
  11. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

soaring,

will it final released model be bigger than 1mm?

Look excellent mate!!!
  12. Soaring

Soaring Guest

NSCXP2005: Of course the released model will be more than 1 mm long :D I just mant that 7 detail pieces were 1mm.

As of now, the tesbuild is going fine, I think I'll start posting pictures in an hour or so, and so far, the model is 20cm in heigh, and will climb up more :( Thankfully, I'm doing the build in white.
  13. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Anyways... I started building the Great Fox last night, and this is what I have gotten to so far.

[​IMG]
    Those parts are 1 MM(Millimeter when finished)
    Like I said earlier, this model isn't a beginner model, neither an intermediate, so be careful if you choose to build this [​IMG] Hope that doesn't discourage anyone.

[​IMG]

And 1 finished piece, again, 1mm. It takes a while to build these small bits, and I'll provide a tabless version and a tabbed version, the tabless for the little pieces
    [​IMG]

It's current status. I know, it looks like a house, or box, or...something ugly. Well, those are the formers, and them make sure the ship is stable, and holdes itself together! NOTE IF YOU BUILD THIS: REINFORCE THE INSIDE PIECES WITH CARDBOARD OR STYRENE. Otherwise, it'll sag...bad.
    [​IMG]

-Shot of it's back.
    [​IMG]
    -Side shot.

Alrighty, more to come later!
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I'm assuming you used a high res file to print those small parts precisely and clearly, looking good so far.
  15. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Actually, I just printed them, normally :)
  16. Kjev

Kjev Member

Looks good! Will it still be about 3 feet long?
  17. Soaring

Soaring Guest

No, it'll be in between 1.5-2 feet now ;)
  18. Kjev

Kjev Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages, I would like to introduce our newest member, LUIGI999, my first and now famous Brother-In-Law. Personally, I think "Wii-Wii Boy" would have been a great name, but he wouldn't go for it (although he did read a few of my Wii jokes in this thread and figured out who I was).

Welcome to the forums, Luigi! NOW you can see what I've been so extied about.

Your big bro,
  19. Luigi999

Luigi999 Senior Member

I've seen this model and it is amazing, but the wings were bent on the ship in the Star Fox: Assault game .
  20. Luigi999

Luigi999 Senior Member

I am excited for this Papercraft too Kjev. I can't wait for you and me to build it together.