StarFox Great Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Soaring, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Well, I haven't been on much, so here's an update :thumb: All I have left is the neck and Bridge. Thanks to Kjev and Getter for the advice, it kept me from detailing the entire ship :mrgreen: However, I'll go back right after I finish the shape.

And...for fun, I made some Test Instructions, what do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Soaring,

This is coming along very nicely :D I'm looking forward to building it ;)

G1
  3. Soaring

Thanks Getter ;)

EDIT:
    Change of plans, see botom post ^_^
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You can download it for free for 30 days and try it out. Should be plenty of time to get the thing unfolded. :thumb:

I did that for my first model, the Starlancer Predator light fighter in the downloads section. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Sorry, I misunderstood. You could also do a hard copy a few times and then snail-mail it to beta-testers. I wouldn't mind having a copy to display next to my detailed Arwing.
  5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I haven't bought a password yet myself :p I can unfold stuff but I can't save anything without the password :p

G1
  6. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

there is no problem if you don't have the pass for pep. Its nice, but you can copy the development to clipboard and transfer it that way. I agree that it sucks to have to do that, but if its done right, it can produce equally good results.
  7. Soaring

See, that's the problem, when I copy it to the clpboard, the templates that are, what, 30 pages + long? It comes out as 1 page on PAINT. Any help in that section? I'd like to know how to copy, if possible, 1 page at a time, or even a full size image >_> Sorry, If you don't understand, I'm trying to fumble for words ;)
  8. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I understand you soaring. I have an idea, but it would require a little more work. If you can break up the model a bit and unfold individual sections as individual pep files then you should be able to cut down on pages. I would imagine that doing it all at once would kill your memory. And if you only export one section at a time, i think you can set the export rez higher so that you don't lose quality when you go to paint. All of this is definitely a lot more work, but if you can't get the pass, it definitely is one way to do it. hope this helps.
  9. Soaring

Woot! Well, I'm getting ready to get my password today, hopefully I get to use it soon! YaY! In the mean time, I'm working on another Great Fox from Command.
  10. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

All that advice wasted! lol. Anyway, good luck on the next great fox. After doing the first one, this should be a little easier i imagine.
  11. Soaring

Well everyone, it's the final stretch on the modeling bit. I know I'm late past a week infact, but I had to get ready for school :thumb:

Anyways, I'm finished with everything except...

-The Bridge
    -The Hangar interior
    -FInal details.

This should only take me....a few hours, however, I have limited time on my kits now a days. I wanna graduate the 8th grade with honors ;)

Alright, so it's set! I'll be done on Friday Night, of Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. Until then, see ya later guys!

Oh, by the way...I think I'll be releasing the Great Fox Command variant tomorrow or later tonight ^^ Just a little treat :thumb: It was a quick project, I may or may not go back. HAve fun!

Attached Files:

12. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Soaring that is beautimus!!! :D :D :D

Looking forward to building this one :D

8th grade huh? Hmmmm I can rember that grade.............. oh man I'm old :p

G1
  13. Soaring

Haha! Thanks Getter, now I just have to check my dictionary...Beautimus...Beautimus..Ah, here it is! :p

Hehe, I'm looking forward to building it to,. I've got some spray paint here to give it the "glare' effect. I've also got new ink, and some new supplies just for it :D

Yup, the 8th grade :p

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Are we allowed to upload our own works in the downloads section? Or do we pm a moderator first?
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

Soaring,

Cgutzmer is the moderator. You send it to him and he handles the uploading. It is . . . well, my vocabulary doesn't include words as big as 'beautimus,' so I'll just have to go with TOTALLY AWESOME!

K'Jev
    8)
  15. Soaring

I got it settled with Chirs, I'll just upload it myself since it's under 2MB. HAve fun guys, I'm uplopading it now ^^, it still has to go under moderation but hey, have fun!
  16. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Soaring, if your dictionary has (Getta-Speak) terms in it you might wanna throw it away :p It'll just twistafy your brain :p

G1
  17. Soaring

Hehe, you're right, my dictionary is labeld, "Papermodel Lingo, and in tiny bold letters, Getta-speak :) "

I've uploaded the model, it's waiting moderation. It may be too big, but I'm going to upload a smaller version ^^
  18. Soaring

Hey everyone who watches this thread :)
    http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162257
    The Great Fox COMMAND Version has been uploaded, get yours here!

So the Great Fox will be finished this weekend ;) I'll start the last bit after I get to schoool, probably 8 hours, from now :)
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Awesome! Downloaded and saved. :thumb:
  20. Soaring

Whew! Well, it was a hectic weekend, so I wasn't able to finsih modeling it. HOWEVER, I was able to finish the last foirmers for the bridge. So probably the Greta Fox will be ffinished in 2-3 days, until then, Have fuun wit the Command :D