StarFox Great Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Soaring, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Guest

I can't really tell, but does the Assault version of the Great Fox has 3 engines? I'm modeling that next.
  2. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Well, here's my go at them engines. I went off some videos on youtube as reference. I saw some shots of the Great Fox, the most helpful one was Andrew's Rebellion, I go a great shot at the engines, not enough, but eh, I can manage :thumb:

Here's the WIP shots.
    Onto the back of the body ^_^

Attached Files:

3. Soaring

Soaring Guest

And ome finished Engine shots for the fun of it :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

4. Soaring

Soaring Guest

They're not exactly finished, I have to just tweak the undersides..
  5. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Nice :D keep it up.

G1
  6. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Will do ;)

Anyways, off to the body ^_^
  7. Kjev

Kjev Member

it looks awesome. It always amazes me how fast some people can put something like that together. The 2 ships I've designed took me about 2 months apiece. The amount of talent around here is mind-boggling.

k'Jev
    8)
  8. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Haha, thanks man, the only reason this is going a bit faster than the rest of my works, is because I'm not sleeping :eek: I get 5 hours of sleep each day now, and I don't think that's good for a teenage body ...

I've seen your designs, they have alot of quality in them!

I didn't get much done today either, I believe I'll finish body part 1 today, the entire back of the Ship. Then tomorrow part 2 and so on till I get to part 10 or...20, determining how much places I want to cut the model :mrgreen:

As for the back, there is still alot of work to be done! There's some green flashing panels there, and some silver armor I still have to add. And to finish off body 1, I'll also have to attach the wings. Boy won't that be fun...

Attached Files:

9. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Well, I added some things at the engines, and I started on the actual body of the Great Fox. Yes, I know, the big huge white boxes do throw it off, but hey, this model is going to be huge! So it's gotta have some inner body casing :thumb: The armor plating will go around it, and actually, those white boxes will be a dark color, so it'll give a layered affect when you put on the armor. Anyways, updates on the armor casing later today ^_^

Attached Files:

10. Kjev

Kjev Member

How huge is huge?

By the way for the Arwing fangs, there is a model out there somewhere on the 'net. Not a bad model, about 4-6 inches long when it's done. The folds for all the points are a little tricky, and from experience, I can say "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY." Now if I could just remember where I saw it. . .

K'Jev
    8)
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

Arwing Found

Ahhhh . . . Not the link I remember, but I found the little bugger. Here it is:
    http://web.mac.com/nicole03/Evenstar03/Paperkraft_Archive.html

I did find a few another old version, but this one seems to be the best quality. I used a google image search for "Arwing+papercraft" if anyone's curious.

Cheers!
    K'Jev
    8)
  12. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Huge is...3 feet :eek:
    But there will be a smaller , 1 foot version ^_^ Ok, 1 and a half..
    Great Arwing find, I found that a few days when I started the Great Fox, it's a nice little build, and yes, it is tricky ;)
  13. Soaring

Soaring Guest

No pictures to show here, I have to redo the entire Inner skeleton, and resize the fin, it's sorta fat :(
  14. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Done and Done, I finished the Great Fox Formers. I didn't do that Arwing bay, because I'm actually going to model the Arwing bay, and put it inside the Great Fox. Doors, lights, little tiny Arwings...you name it ^_^ And that's the reason why the Great Fox is huge :mrgreen:

Anyways, here's some shots of the formers, and how it's looking, see ya later :thumb:

And yes..there'll be a bridge.

Attached Files:

15. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Looks fantastic. cant wait to see the plating on it!
  16. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Thanks, I may take 3 days on the armoring, and I might have to make it less pudgy..
  17. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Well, I've deleted and remade the body 2 times already, and I think I'll have to do it one more time. Hopefully I'll get it right, like they say, 3rd times a charm!
  18. Kjev

Kjev Member

Or the 5th or 6th or 7th . . . . . .

I rebuilt my first design (which was way less complex than the Great Fox) about 3 or 4 times, not to mention several minor remakes due to computer crashes (I had a crappy motherboard).

But hey, they say rewriting is the key to success.

Hang in there. What you've got so far looks awesome! I'm willing to help in any way I can.

K'Jev
    8)
  19. Soaring

Soaring Guest

:cry:

Well, I had to start over at the wings, sadly, because they weren't straight . It'll probably tkae me a few more days than expected to finish.
    I'll be updating this Daily again :thumb:

Well Kjev, thanks for the morale boost, it helps ^_^
    As for help, I'd like to know what program you use to texture. Is it GIMP? From your ISSV Dropship? Please correct me if Im wrong, those textures are spectacular!

Attached Files:

20. Soaring

Soaring Guest

Well, so here's the Before, Middle, and After photos :thumb:
    I re-did the entire body, modified the wings, and for sure, I won't do that again. I think I got the shape just okay.

I know it doesn't look like much so far, but eh, I think it's alright for now. Tomorrow I'll refine the belly, add in the hangar, complete with a tiny interior :thumb: And add the guns!

As for the other picture. That's just Revoltech Optimus Prime, I've been working on him as a *fun * project. However, the Great Fox, and Landmaster come first ^_^

Hopefully, I'll be able to finish modeling the Great Fox in 3 or 4 days tops. More updates to come, G'night everyhine!

Attached Files: