Star Wars U-Wing free paper model

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Papierschnitzel from Austria has created an awesome paper model of the U-Wing from Rogue One! It comes in two sizes and can be re-scaled using your printing software. This is how it looks:

UWing_promo2.jpg

UWing_promo1.jpg

20161211_140859.jpg

And this is the link:

http://www.papierschnitzel.com/u-wing-transport/

Thank you very much for this gift! :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

Nexus9

Jun 24, 2007
Wow! This is great. I loved the look of the ship from the trailers. Thanks very much, Papierschnitzel. The Force is Strong with this one.

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
Saw the movie today and this model has the look down cold.

Really enjoyed the movie. You can watch this movie and it is seamless at its ending moving straight to the opening scene of the first one (A New Hope).

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
How the heck did I miss this!?! I'm slipping. I got my copy.

You have to jump on this stuff because free models like this have a way of disappearing. Get yours now. Even if you don't build it, someone you know might!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
1) @zathros : I have given your wisdom some more emphasis. ;)

2) @subnuke : That's what I wanted to do immediately after leaving the theatre! Here in Germany we got the movie 10 hours earlier than the fans in the US. I attended the premiere screening on Thursday. :cool: BTW, I always felt Vader's acting a bit too exaggerated at the beginning of ANH. HOWEVER, NOW after watching this prequel movie (YEP folks, this IS another PREQUEL MOVIE! :D ;) ) I completely understood why he was so angry: He was extremely upset because the Rebels eluded him. HIM, the dark Lord. NOBODY eludes VADER! (heavy breathing) HARGH!!! (gotta choke someone now..!) :hammerhead::hastalavista::flag::exterminate:

3) Stay tuned for another R1 model. The hover tank (which in fact is a tracked vehicle) is on my list since I saw the first picture of it. Now after seeing it in action I definitely have to make it soon - in 1/18! :)

Just found some cool vids:

I hope that Hasbro will come up with a Hover Tank Pilot in that scale; I would need two of them..! ;)

Last edited:

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
You have to jump on this stuff because free models like this have a way of disappearing. Get yours now. Even if you don't build it, someone you know might!
:)

This is so true. I Got my copy too :)

I have not seen the movie yet, but Hover tank, and from Revell-Fan, Yes.:yesyes::yesyes:

subnuke

Banned
Nov 18, 2007
Yes, seeing that big tank rolling in a Star Wars movie was cool. At the time I was thinking, "Here comes the Abrams!"

mcusanelli

Feb 26, 2008
Papierschnitzel, this is a really beautiful model, thank you very much for your hard work and generosity!!

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
What a wonderful surprise! Thank you Revell-Fan. And thank you all for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the model as much as I had creating it. After watching the movie I love the ship even more!

Here are a couple of pics of yesterdays photo shoot :)

Trying to show both models. Big one clean. Small one with dirt texture layer.
DSC06589.jpg

Suddenly the Captain of the Fleet decided to check in for inspection of the ships!
DSC06590.jpg

That look on his face: "No can eat? Where is the food???" :)
DSC06595.jpg

Papierschnitzel

Dec 17, 2016
Vienna, Austria
www.papierschnitzel.com
I want to improve the textures (esp the bottom half). If you have good references please let me know. There wasn't much there when I designed it so I had to make things up best I could. But now I think more and more references will appear. I guess the EA Battlefront Rogue One Game might be a good source but the Playstation was taken by our son when he moved out :) So any help is very much appreciated!