Star Wars - U-Wing and and old one the B-Wing

starbuck

Hi together,

just wanted to show the U-Wing of Revel. It is called "build and play", but I do not want to have white pilots for example. So a little bit of colouring and weathering is needed - please see pictures.

In principal I like this fighter too, but I do not like the look if the wings? spread - See picture no. 10

----------------

Attachments

• IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    954.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1886.JPG
    IMG_1886.JPG
    901.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    990.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    979.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    857.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    916.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    958.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    991.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1900.JPG
    IMG_1900.JPG
    923.8 KB · Views: 14

starbuck

So another picture of the U-Wing and the pictures of the B-Wing (not weathered yet).

I experianced that it is not easy to get the B-wing model of Revell in Europe at a good price.

Nevertheless I think there is a good detailed paper model available in the net.
Search for pictures and follow this one.
upload_2016-11-29_20-11-41.png
Thats it from my side at the moment - will deliver pictures after weathering.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    864.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1915.JPG
    IMG_1915.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1916.JPG
    IMG_1916.JPG
    730.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1917.JPG
    IMG_1917.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9

starbuck

Oh forgot to mention - the cockpit is moveable. So both ways flight modus and fight modus can be shown (see pictures).

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Nice U-wing.

Paper B-wing from photo is unfortunately not completed (I think only cabin and engines are finished to download) . You can download finished parts here http://www.zealot.com/resources/b-wing-pod-complete.406/. From what I red somewhere, its designer kind of lost interest after detailed paper B-wing from russian designer came out. Realy great model, I saw it build. But not for free. Only detailed model of B-wing i know of. I bought it recently.

Here is another one, not so detailed model http://www.zealot.com/resources/b-wing-fighter.382/

starbuck

B-wing is not complete - you are right. The following parts are released.
upload_2016-11-30_10-39-54.pngupload_2016-11-30_10-40-20.png
Does anybody know, whether this model is still in creation or whether the designer stopped working on it.?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The project is on ice for the time being. He might get back to it to finish it but it is unknown WHEN he will be able to do so.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice! BTW, there is a paper U-Wing in the works (not from me, but I can tell you, it is in very good hands and I could not do it any better). If everything proceeds well it will be available in two scales. I'll keep you posted once it is available. ;)

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Very nice! BTW, there is a paper U-Wing in the works (not from me, but I can tell you, it is in very good hands and I could not do it any better). If everything proceeds well it will be available in two scales. I'll keep you posted once it is available. ;)

OOOOWWW That sounds GREAT.... I wish I had picked it to work on!..besides the Vorchan..but I finally got the problems with that one cracked it looks like..so have been deleating all old files and starting from scratch ( actually several times) !!

To take a break..have a improved Y-Wing...better that the last..still nightmare conversion to paper, but nice on screen...
Y-Wing-New.jpg

and saw someone looking for the Rodger Young, but paper model was nowhere to be found..but I have a mesh for it!
RogerYoung.jpg
I have ...hang on..I got 10 others ..waiting for conversion !! And 5 more to design for myself!! acckkk
Jee Wiz..no wonder I can't get nothing done..I got to much going on!! Oh Well..that's the way it goes!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
and saw someone looking for the Rodger Young, but paper model was nowhere to be found..but I have a mesh for it!
View attachment 155839
I have ...hang on..I got 10 others ..waiting for conversion !! And 5 more to design for myself!! acckkk
Jee Wiz..no wonder I can't get nothing done..I got to much going on!! Oh Well..that's the way it goes!!
A former member had designed a model of the Roger Young and it use to be in the RESOURCE SECTION. When he left, he took the model with him.
I would really like to see this model remade.

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
To take a break..have a improved Y-Wing...better that the last..still nightmare conversion to paper, but nice on screen...
View attachment 155838

Interesting model of Y-wing but not accurate. Most of greebles and details are wrong.

Y-wing is on my ToDo list, right after Tie-Fighter I started to do recently (so hopefuly in a fey years
:)). I have gathered lot of reference materials on Y-wing. Or maybe I can alternate between Tie and Y-wing when one starts to bore me :).

Gandolf50

Staff member
Interesting model of Y-wing but not accurate. Most of greebles and details are wrong.

Y-wing is on my ToDo list, right after Tie-Fighter I started to do recently (so hopefuly in a fey years
:)). I have gathered lot of reference materials on Y-wing. Or maybe I can alternate between Tie and Y-wing when one starts to bore me :).

Oh...guess I missed a few wires here and there to be sure... not like I really am worried about it.. I am not really interested that much..just something to play with to relax from other stuff..since I can never STOP doing anything...

I used this image..and went from there...
Y-Wing.jpg http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/BTL_Y-wing_Starfighter

and this one...
Y-Wing-Fighter.jpeg http://www.starwars.com/databank/y-wing-starfighter

greebels is as greebels do...

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just had an idea: Take a boxy Y-Wing card model, cover it with glue, put it into a box with left-over plastic model sprues, shake it - et voilá: perfect Y-Wing piping. ;) :D

Gandolf50

Staff member
I th
Just had an idea: Take a boxy Y-Wing card model, cover it with glue, put it into a box with left-over plastic model sprues, shake it - et voilá: perfect Y-Wing piping. ;) :D

I think you are right on the money there!! ;) every version/pix/person has there own idea/ of what an imaginary craft should look like....Not even the Star Wars people themselves are consistent.. I guess we can figure every pilot had to add some more bypass pipes to keep them running!!:)