Star Wars Rebels - TIE Fighter Early Production

RocketmanTan

Well, after having to deal with surgery resulting from what I assume was a military drill accident (read: me being clumsy enough to hurt myself by just holding a damn rifle!), I had to nix the N/S Savannah model.

But hey, I'm back! And what better way to ring in my modeling year of 2015 than with something Star Wars related!

So, my first Star Wars model ever will be a TIE Fighter! Though, this isn't your run of the mill Imp Eyeball; no sir, what you got here is an antique! This model is based on the TIE from the (relatively) new Star Wars series titled Rebels. Taking place during about 15BBY, the show features some tech that we've never seen before, the explanation being that they would have been phased out before the events of A New Hope.

To explain the strange proportions and look of the thing, the producers have said that this is supposed to be a predecessor to the TIE/LN fighter. My own personal headcanon is that this ship is not just an earlier iteration, but almost a completely different model in the TIE series. This model seems to be heavier than the TIE/LN as it is often seen operating in atmospheric conditions in small groups, and can land independent of any support systems, and apparently has a pressurized cabin. So yeah, TL;DR - this is not the TIE you're looking for.

Also, I highly recommend Rebels. At first I was so eager to hate it, thinking that this would be the Disney bastardization we all were afraid of, but as the show goes on, it gets a lot more serious, and honestly, I think it's a good follow-up to TCW. The show's very self-aware, and they have so much respect for the thirty-somewhat years of lore and culture behind the franchise, and what they've done is beyond amazing.

Anywhosies, have some pics.

WJPEDIz.png

xrvhZfQ.png

J4CLVlq.png

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad that you are doing better and are able to resume designing and building models.
I will be following this one.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Another RMT! Great! I like Rebels, too. I'm making a 1:6 scale Chopper, BTW (fully articulated)! :):):)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm making the CG model in 1:1 scale, just like I made Crichton. Then shortly before unfolding I down-scale it to 1:6 scale to get the final size. So if I want to make a life-size Chopper I just need to go back to the original file and adapt the formers..! ;)

BTW, this clip's my favourite:

:)

Nexus9

This looks really cool. Nice work. I agree with you regarding Rebels; at first I wasn't sure if I would like it, but Disney really has done a fine job. The feel of the characters and story lines are vintage Star Wars.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I sure am Happy you are O.K.. I have a few rifles, and yes, they don't have to be loaded to hurt you. You could play Baseball with my Winchester model 94, the wood stock is so solid. Nice job on the Tie Fighter. Much room for greeblin or something to make for the kids to play with (read adults) and have fun. :)

RocketmanTan

I sure am Happy you are O.K.. I have a few rifles, and yes, they don't have to be loaded to hurt you. You could play Baseball with my Winchester model 94, the wood stock is so solid. Nice job on the Tie Fighter. Much room for greeblin or something to make for the kids to play with (read adults) and have fun. :)

Haha, all we use are M1's, but damned if they don't feel heavy at times...not to mention the practice rifles we use are probably twice as heavy as the real thing, I'd say. But thanks for the love for the model!!

Y'all can now download it here: http://fav.me/d8my5d5

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I added this one to my stash of templates to be built when I get a working printer again... Thanks.