Star Wars Clone Trooper Helmet Build

angevine

Hi, Just thought that I should start posting about my latest build.

I have started to build the 501st Legion Clone Trooper Phase 2 from Star Wars Ep. 3 Revenge of the Sith available from http://pepakuracollection.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Pep_Files

Helmet.jpg

I will post some build pics as soon as I unload them from the camera.

angevine

Finally got some pictures downloaded from the camera.

Started the build with the top of the helmet (page 1).

2011_01160045.jpg

2011_01160046.jpg

2011_01160049.jpg

2011_01160052.jpg

2011_01160053.jpg

2011_01160054.jpg

This is a really nice build to do as all the parts are connecting together really nicely (so far) and appears to be designed to be build in layers rather than make certain parts and then try and fit it together.

More pics to come soon as I build more.

I have looked at this before and I believe I even have it somewhere, but have never built it so I will keep a gracious eye on your nice build.

angevine

A bit more progress this weekend.

I completed the cap of the helmet all the way down to the brim and then concidered my options for the next phase. I decided to build the next bit from the bottom up to then combine the two when it appeared best to do so.

2011_01230001.jpg

2011_01230002.jpg

2011_01230003.jpg

2011_01230004.jpg

2011_01230005.jpg

Happy with the build so far, will update again soon.

angevine

Whilst the build continues it is now apparent that it is far to big to be 1:1 scale. I am unsure how much bigger it is at this stage as I have no reference information as to how big a 1:1 scale helmet would be.

The measurments for this model printed onto A4 paper without scaling is

Height: 370mm

Width: 280mm

If anyone has any info as to how big this should be then I would appreciate the info so I can try for a rebuild.

In the meantime, I will continue just so that I have'nt wasted my time so far!

Aussie Phantom

Hi, I'm building a similiar Helmet.

The one I am working on is an Ep.3 (Phase 2) clone trooper helmet that comes with a set of Macro Binoculars and is textured to the Markings of "Commander Bly". This one is 350mm high in it's standard form.

I was working on 325mm high as being a good size (300mm for the Helmet and 25mm for the mohawk) but the pepakura model was locked and so I couldn't rescale it (or redo the unfold or texture). In the end I simply calculated the size I needed as a percentage of the origininal model (to get 325 from 350 - I used 93%).

For your case if you can't rescale the model in Pepakura I'd print it at 88% (370/325 = 0.878)

I agree that you should continue with the build I'd love to see it finished!

Best of luck!

angevine

Aussie,

Thanks for the print settings.. I'll re-print and start that when i'm finished with this one. Then I can do a side by side comparison for others. Plus it will give my fiancee reason to say "where the hell are you going to put that?"

Regards

oriod01

Aussie,

Plus it will give my fiancee reason to say "where the hell are you going to put that?"

Regards

Great looking build! When your fiancee becomes your wife, it will become, "You are not keeping that in MY house!" Don't be in a hurry to tie that knot (that's when she becomes your only hobby), LOL.

angevine

Great looking build! When your fiancee becomes your wife, it will become, "You are not keeping that in MY house!" Don't be in a hurry to tie that knot (that's when she becomes your only hobby), LOL.

We've been engaged 10 years so I guess we had better get married soon.. sign1