Star Trek TNG:- "Yesterday's Enterprise" Diorama - micro build log

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Linweseregon, you can use any length wire, it is just easier to feel the effect with a longer wire. You can use 6" inches of wire, you may break it, but it will be hardened. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You never have any thing to loose with these tricks. Some people use pliers with plastic coated (Hard Plastic) jaws, and gently pull the wire continuously, and work harden it that way. A lot of jewelers do it like that. With your talents, I know if you look at the picture below, you can figure out what these two machines do, and how easy it would be to replicate using a strong four sided rectangular box, a bolt with a loop at the end and a long threaded rod that you can tighten up on, without twisting the wire. Such a device could be made 12" inches x 6"inches x 2" inches in size. You could also use it for making Star Trek Jewelry. I bet people would pay for those ships on chains necklaces, seeing how small you can make them! I made a drawing for you that in reality, could be made in any size, right down to the palm of your hand. It would be good to have at least, if not both ends, swivel, to prevent the wire from stretching. You would not believe how hard wire becomes when you do this. Models would be suspended, and the small ones, would not bend the wire at all. :)Wire Jig.jpg

Reactions: linweseregon

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Anything that could pull wire in a linear nature, and not twist it would work, and an old guitar would work really great actually!! Great idea!! :)

Reactions: linweseregon