Star trek: Nebula class repaint and build.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
oh wow! :thumb: why is the red and blue part so glossy? is it nail lack from your wife :mrgreen:

The Maquis Raider (not Marauder ;) ) will be in two versions available, but both in 1/1700! sound like a mistake, but isn´t! I need some parts from Christine´s Voyager! :twisted:

Jackrum

oh wow! :thumb: why is the red and blue part so glossy? is it nail lack from your wife :mrgreen:

The Maquis Raider (not Marauder ;) ) will be in two versions available, but both in 1/1700! sound like a mistake, but isn´t! I need some parts from Christine´s Voyager! :twisted:

Yes it is nail polish! I got a funny look when she caught me rummaging through her make-up. "Sweetheart it's for a model, honest, not a Rocky Horror night. Those days are done." sign1

Jackrum

An update:

I've rebuilt the secondary hull and the reasons for that were twofold. First, I corrected a couple of glaring mistakes in the texturing and to strengthen it. While there is a former in there it doesn't cover the area where the heavy saucer will sit. I filled the area with wadded up tissue paper and UHU glue... Solid as a rock :)

Z

Zathros

I wish Christine would post here, she'd get much love and appreciation. Let her know if you contact her, please? I'm a big fan of her work. I posted a lot in her Voyager thread. It is awesome! :)

Christine U

Hi!

Well, if you get asked three times, you can´t say "no" anymore... so here I am :wave:...

Ok... please don´t punish me for that, but I don´t have this model anywhere (and I looked everywhere!). :eek:ops:!? - where can I download it?
But I have others (without "aztec"), and I just would say: well done retexturing! And very nice build! I never understood why D-Whale hates the aztec-pattern as he does - but seen from the tecnical side (making the texture) he´s surely not competely wrong... I personally like it best when the contrasts are a bit blurry (with one exception: the Enterprise NX-01).

Looking forward to see the finished model (and some really good pictures!)
Greetings, Chris

Z

Zathros

Well, if you get asked three times, you can´t say "no" anymore... so here I am :wave:...

Ok... please don´t punish me for that, but I don´t have this model anywhere (and I looked everywhere!). :eek:ops:!? - where can I download it?
But I have others (without "aztec"), and I just would say: well done retexturing! And very nice build! I never understood why D-Whale hates the aztec-pattern as he does - but seen from the tecnical side (making the texture) he´s surely not competely wrong... I personally like it best when the contrasts are a bit blurry (with one exception: the Enterprise NX-01).

Looking forward to see the finished model (and some really good pictures!)
Greetings, Chris

I was clicking my Heels, broke dozens of pairs of glass slippers (their really hard to get in men's wide, size huge). My wife was getting kind of concerned!

I am very Happy to have you posting here. I sincerely Thank You. I think I could safely say, "We're" really happy to have you posting here! Please feel free to post your past work for the two or three people in the paper modeling Sci-Fi world, that may have missed it. :welcome1: aboard Christine!!

Z

Zathros

Very nice, could you imagine if someone made a cookie mold out of that. Edible Starships! It looks that good! :)

Jackrum

I've had no free time to work on the Nebula but I've sent Zathros my repaint of Ron's TOS Connie (Yorktown, Enterprise and Blank) to be uploaded in the download section.

Z

Zathros

Announcement!!

All of Jackrum's excellent repaints, those he has released so far, are up and ready for download. Make sure you get all the pages. There works were done with all the necesary permissions, a classic example of how things are handled logistically, and an excellent re-working on Ron Caudillo's excellent models. These are very Hi Resolution drawings, which means they would upscale very well. Link below;

http://www.zealot.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=36
:thumb:

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
i see, that you solved your problem with the saucer! But how many tissues did you put in the secondary hull? :eek: looks like a lot of them :mrgreen:

Z

Zathros

i see, that you solved your problem with the saucer! But how many tissues did you put in the secondary hull? :eek: looks

With the allergies in my house, I could imagine my wife or son ripping a model open for tissues!! At least he isn't using the tissues to make the saucer section stick out more! Of course, that would only work with two saucer sections, sitting way up high. ** :mrgreen:

** re: Bob Seger: Night Moves.
I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly renown
She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points of her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high....................

Jackrum

i see, that you solved your problem with the saucer! But how many tissues did you put in the secondary hull? :eek: looks like a lot of them :mrgreen:

After what you told me about the weight of the saucer I wanted to be sure :) Tissues soaked in superglue.... Solid as a rock but still light. I solved the problems I had with the saucer warping by using heavier 220 gsm card instead of the 160 gsm I used for everything else. The pod would have come out better using thicker card too.

Z

Zathros

You soaked them in crazy glue!:eek: Does it still smell? That is mighty brave of you. I am tempted to do that just to see the glue crystallize. I fixed a piece of a broken pulley on my '73 MG and 18 years later, it is still holding. I used the gap filling kind, and used an accelerant. Amazing stuff! Amazing model! :)