Star Trek DS9:- Operation Return Diorama - 'micro' build log

linweseregon

The wee bugs have been put in a stasis field so they won't be multiplying or escaping or... ...much of anything - lol.

The saucer of the Centaur was finished and all the other parts were cut:-
34.JPG
It all went together surprisingly easily, but I had to ditch the gold ailerons as they were too bulky when folded. The completed USS Centaur measures 30mm (just under 1 1/4") in length:-
35.JPG
Next up are the five Galaxy class ships. I didn't think that the registry markings would show clearly when I printed these, but they do. I've decided to write in my own as editing the templates five times is more hassle than I'm prepared to go through, especially when they'll probably be damaged ships. I know I've covered Paragon's design for the Galaxy class before, but it's nice to have something to look at while waiting :shamefullyembarrased::-
36.JPG
These are the upper saucer parts for the unnamed ship, with a random registry number.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The USS Centaur looks GREAT!!
This is going to be an interesting diorama once it is finished.
I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good to know about the stasis field! Don't forget to put the remaining Tribbles inside, too! :D

GREAT PROGRESS, LIN! :):):)

linweseregon

All the upper saucer halves were connected and I cut the parts for all the lower saucer halves:-
01.JPG
These are the USS Venture's parts. The largest piece from the underside was pasted onto 1mm thick card and the rings are strapped together with eight thin, paper, radial strips.

Last edited:

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
you are doing a great job! all this great stuff you got going on is very inspirational, and also the skill of the micro building.

linweseregon

I now have five Galaxy class ships: the USSs Galaxy, Magellan, Trinculo, Venture and unnamed:-
06.JPG
I'm taking a break from this for a day or three as I have a side-project that I want to do. The 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn was last week and in honour of Robert the Bruce, 4th Earl of Carrick [my home town of Maybole is the ancient capitol of Carrick] and his famous victory, I'm going to build a Nova class USS Bannockburn NCC-1314.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Five Galaxy Class Starships. WOW!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:
The fact that you were able to maintain a GREAT level of detail at that scale, is AMAZING!!!
All of them look GREAT!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

linweseregon

I'm back after completing my USS Bannockburn [details in my blog] and I've cut the parts for the Defiant:-
01.JPG
All 10 pages are shown here. I've joined all the parts from pages 1 through 3 to form the nose and the aft hull:-
02.JPG