Star Trek Danube-class Runabout “Rubicon”

RoscoVW

This is where forming a part with two part Epoxy, then softening some blister pack to pull over would give you excellent results, and not be very difficult. This method has been show many times on this forum. :)

Hiya, Zathros! That would look good, but it's not really something I could include in a downloadable format. P.M.

RoscoVW

I've been on the forums before, I just prefer other venues, these days. I'm on Facebook, just look for "Rosco-Bilt Paper Models".

The rollbar still needs some work before I release it, but it will get there, eventually. The runabout was a huge project for me, and took me well over a year to complete. I don't work in a 3D modeling or AutoCAD format, I do everything 2D, in MS Paint, so it required me to relearn math I hadn't done since high school, and the sensor pod was kicking my backside. In the end, I decided to release the model without it, just so I could put it out there. I'm currently working on a trio of all-original Trek-based models, one of which was inspired by a conversation I had with Rick Sternbach, who designed Voyager. I'm also working on a new Klingon design, and a few others. Follow me on Facebook for updates.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm currently working on a trio of all-original Trek-based models, one of which was inspired by a conversation I had with Rick Sternbach, who designed Voyager. I'm also working on a new Klingon design, and a few others. Follow me on Facebook for updates.
That sounds so awesome! Unfortunately I'm not on FB, so I hope you may give an update or two here on occasion, too. :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Hiya, Zathros! That would look good, but it's not really something I could include in a downloadable format. P.M.

You can describe the process, and make the formers so a modeler would just have to fill the framework with Epoxy, then smooth it out. That assembly could be then sanded to final shape, and used over and over again. It could actually be uploaded as a separate model/tutorial file.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
That sounds so awesome! Unfortunately I'm not on FB, so I hope you may give an update or two here on occasion, too. :)

Same here! Not on Facebook, Facetape, Facecomic, or even Facerecord. Not even FaceCD of FaceDVD!

Hope to see some of that here too!

BTW: Not on FaceBluRay or FaceVHS either....(just for the record)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
You're right, the squared-off Bussards are indeed a compromise. It was necessary given the medium, and the shape of the original part, as a flattened sphere that transitions into a rectangle. If you have a suggestion for how to achieve a more prototypical shape, I'd be happy to look at it.

P. McCool

Attachments

• 4et.png
    4et.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 11

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Nice Blog Rosco, feel free to put it in your signature. That part could easily be water formed too.