star destroyer work in progress....

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by gofficfool, Feb 18, 2007.

1. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

oh i HATE it!

;)
  2. 57townsman

57townsman Member

NOOoooo! He screamed in despair, just like when Luke found out Vader was his father :p

SteveK
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I think even us meager builder-only types hit that point on models. I know I do....

You gotta struggle through it, though. You go this far, and just give up, you might expect a few unexpected visitors in the middle of the night... [​IMG]
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If you give up now, there will be an angry mob gathering outside your door. . .with exactos and cutting mats to beat you with!

It looks great so far! I can't wait until you finish it so I can have a gigantic model of my favorite Imperial warship to hang from my ceiling! :twisted:
  5. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

no worries...... i'm gonna work on with this......

it's that thing where you see the sodding thing every time you come into the room..... i sketch details in breaks at work.... you know how it is

familiarity breeds contempt

i love it

i hate it

go figure

later

mark
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I like the use of the mobile phone as a weight. Or is the mobile part of the design? Just kidding. Good luck with the continued build.
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Mobile phone?? Aawwww man! I thought it was the new heavy ion turret upgrade. Shoot!

Elliott :-D
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

You over the hate phase yet? I'm kinda anxious. :D
  9. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

frustration factors

lol

yeah i'm over the dislike/hate thing!

very annoyed that work/family/life has conspired to halt any major work on the beast, but have started developing the engine area and still have about 6 sheets of ut/assemble.

with a little luck ( and the fact that i don't get paid for another 4 days ) i'll get some quality build time in over this weekend

fret not!

mark
  10. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

ooooo i could crush a grape!

well i had massive panic on saturdday afternoon......

my motherboard or proccessor ( or both ) went pop! noooooooooooo......... no data lost,but after my friends donated an older machine, thank you guys!! i've spent most of my time tryin to get a system up and running.....

not too well so far, :((

i will be back!

mark
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Oh dear. Good that you have not lost any data.
  12. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Hang in there Mark! I lost everything to a ground strike a couple of years ago - TV, dvd player, telephones, motherboard, monitor, etc. They were plugged in to surge protector strips which were plugged in to outlets that were supposed to be grounded. Oh - and our home has a house surge protector as well. However, since the ground strike came in through the cable and phone lines, not the power lines ... nothing was covered!:mad:

!@*&%$#*!@#$ fine print!!

Sympathy doesn't help but you certainly have mine. All the best, my friend. Glad you didn't lose any data. Be looking for you when you are able.

Elliott:)
  13. sprintx

sprintx Member

Bless good for it! I want to built this model because i wana fight my enemy with it haha :)
    nono but i must know in what scale is it because i want to make a tie squads for it. And GREAAAAAAT THANKS U ARE MASTER!!!
  14. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

heyyyy uuuuu guyyyyyys!

well..........

i'm net enabled again......

i'm using a cobble together from bits i've scrounged and had lying around..... it's slower, more forgetfull and sounds different, but it works and i've got almost all software/drivers and updates onto it! and my pep files for the stardestroyer!!! yay!

it's a long weekend off here in the uk so i'll get some build/tweakin time in i hope...

have printed the engine wall components this morning and will be starting them soooooon.... mmmm engines....

i,m a much happier fool now

mark
  15. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

the best laid plans......

what a great weekend! what a rubbish weekend!

did'nt get much done over the 4 day weekend..... tooooo much stella artois ;)

oops.

however i did get the engine wall into the thing and constructed a couple of engines and did some small tweaks and took some pics......

sorry for the stall on this everyone but loosing the big puter set me back but i have now got the equivalent prossesing power,,,, just spread over two machines.... rats!

mark

[​IMG]
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I love the detail on that!!!! Don't know if it was on purpose, but the ttabs showing inside give it a real high tech look!
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wow, I love that radar (Or was it?) Keep up the good work!
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

It's one of the engines, and yes it sure is a beauty!
    Nicely done!

Russell
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Those engines look great! :D
  20. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

still banging my head against a wall with the puters!

this "old faithfull" that is powered by meths and made by mahmod crashes when i print and has a fit whenever i run ANY 3d application....... grrrrrrrr

thanks for the comments guys and i'm still workin on her, just in very slow motion

mark