Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
He is awesome, check out his "Mass Effect" models by following his signature, they are still available. His Normandy SR2 is awesome!! :)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
He is awesome, check out his "Mass Effect" models by following his signature, they are still available. His Normandy SR2 is awesome!! :)

Thanks for reminding me about Mass Effect! They actually have a "star car" for local transportation within a city. With a little modification the Star Car from the Last Starfighter could be modified into that car. I'd share the image with you, but it appears I'm getting an image error. Will try later.

Sky Seeker
:tank:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Here's the Mass Effect air car.

upload_2017-12-1_19-13-16.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-13-45.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-16-2.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-13-59.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-14-43.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-14-51.jpeg

upload_2017-12-1_19-16-46.jpeg

mass_effect_sky_car_papercraft_by_ackeigans-d5u13m7.jpg

Just some ideas for a future project. Enjoy the pics!:)

Sky Seeker

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Reactions: Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Really, I'm sure a reasonable facsimile could be made. I wouldn't mind having a real car that looked like that and flew around. ;)

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Really, I'm sure a reasonable facsimile could be made. I wouldn't mind having a real car that looked like that and flew around. ;)
So would I. Present tech just isn't up to the challenge...unless T.T. Brown's device actually worked.

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pub...C=A&FT=D&ND=3&date=19600816&DB=&locale=en_EP#

Here's one that's interesting. See CA726958

METHOD FOR BENEFICIATION OF AND DEVICES EMPLOYING GRAVITATIONAL ISOTOPES
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pub...=D&ND=3&date=19660201&DB=EPODOC&locale=en_EP#

Enjoy the light reading!

Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Don't see a use for a vehicle though. Two Gyroscopes, a bit bigger than a beach Ball, would hold that upright two, take the drive train off of a Honda Gold wing, tto power the rear wheel, maybe another smaller engine to charge a battery pack, and you could make one neat looking gyroscopic car out of something that big. Lots of room to work with. The Lit Motors self righting motorcycle is a real working vehicle. The videos demonstrate the gyroscopic function. There are many videos of this. Scaling up would just take more money, it's a proven technology.

I'm hedging that the three wheeler ELIO on the bottom will storm the market, cheap, front wheel drive, with incredible gas mileage as a non-hybrid, this car is starting to be produced. Suggested retail price $6800 dollars U.S.. He purchased the Humvee factory to produce these, and has huge investors. By being front wheel drive, with a ground up engineered engine and drive train, this car will be incredibly stable, and will pull you through the turns, rather than having the rear wheel push on the outer wheel in a turn and cause an unsafe situation. ;)

Elio1.jpg elio-3-1-620x350.jpg

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Don't see a use for a vehicle though. Two Gyroscopes, a bit bigger than a beach Ball, would hold that upright two, take the drive train off of a Honda Gold wing, tto power the rear wheel, maybe another smaller engine to charge a battery pack, and you could make one neat looking gyroscopic car out of something that big. Lots of room to work with. The Lit Motors self righting motorcycle is a real working vehicle. The videos demonstrate the gyroscopic function. There are many videos of this. Scaling up would just take more money, it's a proven technology.

I'm hedging that the three wheeler ELIO on the bottom will storm the market, cheap, front wheel drive, with incredible gas mileage as a non-hybrid, this car is starting to be produced. Suggested retail price $6800 dollars U.S.. He purchased the Humvee factory to produce these, and has huge investors. By being front wheel drive, with a ground up engineered engine and drive train, this car will be incredibly stable, and will pull you through the turns, rather than having the rear wheel push on the outer wheel in a turn and cause an unsafe situation. ;)

Yes I know what you mean by the rear wheel effect. A relative of mine owns a Polaris Slingshot which is rear wheel driven. Quite easy to do doughnuts, but you have to be careful on wet curves and try not to overcompensate otherwise (see below)

Although it's actually pretty steady most of the time and just a lot of fun!

Below is a comparison between a Morgan & a Slingshot &
Can-Am Spyder F3 (just for kicks)

Enjoy!

Sky Seeker

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Edited your post to show the videos. If you quote someone, delete the video links, then you can post your own. I am happy you understood what I was trying to explain. I always though if the Polaris was made in a recumbent position, it would be a rocket. I am surprised no one has modified one of these like that yet. The SLingshot is a piece of crap, with a Chevy Cobalt engine. They should have made a snap on top. Too much money, too heavy, too wide. The Can Am Spyders are so tippy, I have to pass them constantly (there seem to be a lot around here0 as they back on traffic. Connecticut roads can be very sharp in the turns, and these trikes are not capable of spirited driving. My '73 M.G. Midget does a much better job. Closest thing to a motorcycle, and it has four wheels, and takes the really sharp turns way faster than any motorcycle can, you just drift out the rear end thru the turn. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.