staging yard detection

TCH

rather than have the trouble and expense of installing a detection system for my staging yard I was wondering if a webcam announce1could be used to monitor the arrival and departure of trains.

I know that you can buy monitoring systems for surveillance etc but would like feedback from anyone who has used a webcam or other cheap alternative.

the area i want to cover is only a few square feet as my staging is a loop and only need to see the clearance points.

trevor

YmeBP

rather than have the trouble and expense of installing a detection system for my staging yard I was wondering if a webcam announce1could be used to monitor the arrival and departure of trains.

I know that you can buy monitoring systems for surveillance etc but would like feedback from anyone who has used a webcam or other cheap alternative.

the area i want to cover is only a few square feet as my staging is a loop and only need to see the clearance points.

trevor

X10 makes montion dectectors and cameras based on the x10 home power plug protocol. You could have an x10 setup to monitor for motion and then it kicks on and triggers some event.

X10 (industry standard) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

X10 cameras and motion detectors: The X10 Community Website

TCH

thanks YmeBP

i checked out the site and it looks interesting although not quite what I was looking for.

have checked prices for webcams and also security type cameras which connect to a tv monitor and to my surprise a security type is about the same price as a webcam, so if I go ahead will probably go with the security system

thanks
trevor