ST XI Ships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paragon, May 11, 2009.

1. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Actually, the nacelles are pretty much the same as before, just with different (but simple) hoods and fins. I'm pretty confident in both of those. The two areas I really want to see someone else do are the impulse deck and the secondary hull.

Just a suggestion for when you build it too: try making one thick reinforcing strip for the pylons. Cut slits in the hull and slide it in. It works better as one single piece, not one for each pylon. Then just wrap the pylons around it and glue in place. I find it also helps to make it long enough to fit in the nacelles, which I also cut slits in.
  2. cmags

cmags Guest

Thanks for the suggestion - I agree it might be a good idea since the pylons are essentially 2D in this version of the ship. I'll see if I think its necessary when I get to building though - at 1:1700 the 65lb card that I use has a really good strength to weight ratio for things like this.
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I built it even smaller, at 1:1900 and I still found it necessary.
  4. mchale

mchale beach boy

hi when is the release dates of the nx-1700, the vekorprise and the kyboashi maru realy intreasted in building them .
  5. mchale

mchale beach boy

hi realy nice job on the upgraded kelvin and the paragonprise keep up the star trek models . i think you did the whole enterprise right .have you seen the way the enterprise in the new game star trek DAC it cool from what i saw.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Alright, they're up. Enjoy!
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

To quote Cliff Secord in Rocketeer, in regards to the new Enterprise model:

8. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Here are some images of the new MadKoiFish Enterprise as well, also available already:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  9. mchale

mchale beach boy

hi & thanks wait didn't you release the mkf enterprise with gabe k's enterprise ? i remember when you put gabe k's enterprise on your site. i downloaded it and and the mkf enterprise was in the same download .
  10. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

It shouldn't have been, especially because it wasn't complete.
  11. mchale

mchale beach boy

i just went went through my files and it was in gabe's enterprise under mkfenterprise it was a seperate file it looked complete
  12. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

No, I mean it wasn't final back when I uploaded the Koerner Enterprise. The version of the MKF Enterprise I built then was very inferior to the one I just released.
  13. mchale

mchale beach boy

yeh i noticed, that some things were changed and some things were added .
  14. mchale

mchale beach boy

you've got a fleet mr. paragon ,fleet admiral i mean

hi what about the uss actium's class ship it looks cool are you going to upload that ship to site. it make a great addition to fleet paragon .the actium could be the flagship for you ,fleet admiral paragon
  15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Hah, I'd thought about it. It needs a little work before its ready...and I hadn't planned on uploading it since I didn't think anyone else would be interested, but I suppose I might as well.
  16. mchale

mchale beach boy

i thought you might get a kick out of it . did you ever try any of my pt boat models in the download section . all my models i give permision to any one to upgrade and place them in the download section and or on your website if you have one .
  17. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

I'd never seen those before actually, they certainly look interesting. I may take a closer look later, but my plate is full right now.
  18. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I've designed a stand based on the Playmates JJprise stand, if anyone's intersted.
  19. cmags

cmags Guest

^^ Most certainly. I've been modifying a few different stands I've found for my various fleet members. The more variety, the better :)
  20. mchale

mchale beach boy

yeh i am most defenitly interested in those stands .are both you and cmags going to upload them here .