ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
So it turns out the cut outs on the aft of the saucer for the Farragut are too wide. If none of you have started building yet, hold off until I get you the fixed files.

It looks pretty good though.

I just started printing when I read this; I'll build around this problem for the time being.

Regardless, I'm going to see the movie on IMAX tomorrow.

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
hi i just read the complete countdown comic series i'm going to up grade the enterprise e to the way it in the comics i'm also going to try make the narada from begining the comics

C

cmags

Slow going on this model - not much time this weekend but I did get the hood's secondary hull started again. The back end is much better now with the internal pieces and new lip. However, the shuttlebay door is too small. I tried enlarging it and it still didn't quite work. Paragon, I think it may be better to switch to a clamshell design like on Ron's TOS Enterprise rather than the Ent-A version.

IMGP1357.jpg

IMGP1358.jpg

IMGP1360.jpg

C

cmags

I think the problem is that a single piece like that can only make a cone/cylinder and the bay is a quarter sphere. I was thinking of taking one of the nacelle noses and cutting it in half and painting it flat grey (taking out the texture on the bottom edge) and seeing if that would work.

C

cmags

Something like this, but maybe a little taller and with the lines between the cuts extended down to the bottom to create a scallop texture. Whatcha think?

IMGP1362.jpg

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
Well while Im waiting on the farragut primary hull fix I've started a little design project :D. Ive got the nacelles done so far built and proven, thread will be up momentarily. not going to tell you what it is though, youre going to have to play name that nacelle sign1.

C

cmags

Shuttlebay doors

How about this?

IMGP1363.jpg

Paragon I'm sending you this file (along with my other fixes I already sent you). I won't be around for the rest of the weekend so if you wanna change it go ahead, otherwise I'll check for comments later.

Jones Brandon

Aug 10, 2007
Hey that looks good man! I can't wait to see what the griffin looks like man. You have always done a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.