ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Well, I've got the models nearly ready, but I've hit a pretty big snag, which will also make it impossible to work on any other models anytime soon; I'm out of ink, and can't really afford to get any right now. Its only $25, if anyone is interested in hitting that donation button, and I make it a point to design a model of the contributor's choosing immediately after my most recent design.

Otherwise it'll be awhile though.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, the "Quad" which I'm calling USS Hood is pretty much ready (forgot to do the weapon pod for the rollbar though). I might be able to print it on someone else's printer, but in the future, I might need some test builders. Anyone interested?

C

cmags

I am. Your models are excellent, I'd be happy to help w/ beta building.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, make sure I have your e-mails, I might have forgotten them if we've had previous contact (but don't post them here unless you want tons of spam mail). I won't be able to supply you with them until Wednesday, unfortunately.

C

cmags

If I were you, I'd remove your email from a public forum. There are bots on the internet that just scour for addresses out in the open like that and add them to spam lists. Send your email via PM.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, good news: I'll be getting home later today, and will be sending the files for the Hood to all of you when I get back. Some things to look out for:

- I changed the design of the secondary hull a bit from the old Kelvin model, make sure it assembles well.
- I changed the top of the saucer, making the bridge smaller, with steeper sides, again, make sure it works properly.
- Updated aztec pattern graphics. Make sure they actually look good printed out to you. I'm hoping they help add more detail to the model.

All of these changes will also be applied to a new version of the Kelvin model. A "weathered" version with the aztec will, I hope, look even better than the previous version, which I thought looked good.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, the model went out to three of you, Dyna-Soar needs to make sure I have the right e-mail, and then all four of you will have it. I'm going to begin my build at what I estimate is about 1:1900 scale. The files I sent you all should be in about 1:1000 scale. Feel free to resize them to your desire.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Apr 30, 2009
Florida, USA
will do gimme just 1 sec I only scaled the print down but i can do the same thing but print to pdf. actually that would leave a bunch of empty space per page wouldnt it lol

C

cmags

I plan to resize to 1:1700 but I usually export the files to .tif and work with them there - rearranging on the page to fill and save space - also adding details with extra space... I'll send you the resized one James.

C

cmags

Ok just got home... downloading now. One question regarding scale. If anyone has looked for it yet, there is a huge debate in the geekier corners of the web about the size of the new Enterprise, ranging from the TOS length of ~285m up to like 1000m. Since the other ST:XI ships are on scale with that, what scale are we going with for your models Paragon? What overall length are you assigning the Hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.