St Michael Old Chapel - by Papermau

Discussion in 'Free Models' started by mauther, Aug 10, 2011.

1. mauther

mauther Active Member

Built in 1550 and completely rebuilt in 1622, the Archangel St Michael Chapel is the most ancient church of Sao Paulo and one of the most ancient of Brazil.
    Built by the jesuits and explorers(bandeirantes), with the help of the indians of the region, this church had the function of strategic point of defense.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Download at: http://papermau.blogspot.com/2011/08/st-michael-old-chapel-by-papermau.html
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Beautiful! I can't even think of words for this one. I'm also Catholic (recent conversion) so, I appreciate it on that level also. Really stunning!
  3. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hello, Zathros . Thank you by your words. I`m not religious. What attracts me is the old architeture and the history of all those beautiful temples.
  4. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

Another excellent project. How do you find time to maintain your blog AND design?
  5. mauther

mauther Active Member

Hello, Vermin King,

I work at home, then always take a time to post, moreover, I have sleeplessness and sleep too little. And design to me is more easy then post on blog...
    Sorry by the English...
  6. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

In 1999, I was down in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Hot, humid, suffocating. We headed up into the jungles and mountains. Found a little village with an odd-looking church, obviously very old. Patched and propped up in places. Took some pictures and thought we'd see if it were open and it was. Very dark inside, which wasn't helped by all the dark wood used throughout. Took pictures not expecting anything. It was amazingly beautiful with the flash. A pamphlet we picked up was later translated as a celebration of the church's 500th anniversary. Even if you aren't religious, you have to appreciate the beauty and history of some of these structures.

Mauther -- You do a good job, but take care of yourself and get sleep, too
  7. mauther

mauther Active Member

8. Vermin_King

Vermin_King Member

Thanks for sharing that link. I am amazed at how bright and airy this church is. Beautiful structure. Thanks for modeling it.
  9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

It is a beautiful building. I'd like to go to Mass there. That would be a treat.