Ss-1c scud b + maz-543

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I sent 8 hours detailing and wiring a 1/12th scale 4 cylinder for a commission build that would be hard pressed to look that good. Amazing work that...

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I really like the idea of straight pins for steering knuckles. I may be borrowing that from you! :)

Kiyoshi

borrowing is good xD no need to invent the wheel again ;-) It's been a while since I last posted an update, but no worries, still struggling with the model. The drive shafts to be precise. They don't seem to fit :-( So I need to make some changes. Will post more when I have it installed.

Kiyoshi

Yay, finally I found the courage to build again xD I don't have many pictures, but I think it shows pretty nicely what I have done so far. I feared the parts wouldn't fit, there are some inconsistencies in the model, but it turned out okay. I do hope that, when I get to work on the bodywork, everything still fits :)

So... time for pictures! (and if something looks lumpy, no worries, everything will get covered up anyway... most of the stuff I did till now (up to building group 128) will be invisible when the model is done).

072_zps2f4fc016.jpg

073_zps9a1a0cb5.jpg

074_zps2c4ac695.jpg

075_zpscf5f8347.jpg

076_zps80124fc9.jpg

077_zps204a564e.jpg

Because by now I have realized that this is a massive project, I decided to start a smaller project next to it. This time a ship, since I don't have experience with those yet:

001_zps1806d996.jpg

Kiyoshi

And time for another small update xD I have been puzzled by the model, to be honest, because the building diagrams didn't make enough sense to find out where what part needed to go exactly. So it has been a bit of trial and error.

078_zpsa38f78e4.jpg

The numbering on several parts is wrong, and it doesnt make sense, in the building sequence, to build this part first. It will only get added after two two steering cabs have been put into place, and I will be building those next. So... dont glue anything in place yet :p

I did manage to get everything together tho:

079_zps114c30b7.jpg

080_zps84b7844c.jpg

Now that I have finished those, it is time to focus on the detailing (these are all made of brass):

081_zps9348ba71.jpg

The next steps will be to paint all the small parts and to put them into place. I think it'll look cool.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Watching this come together is a religious experience. :)

Kiyoshi

Hehe Zathros, I think this is the first time an atheist causes a religious experience then xD

Anyway, I have some more progress to show. I have been working hard on getting one of the steering cabins done, and the little pieces of the grille.

First: some of the parts needed for the steering cabin:

082_zps0c30a040.jpg

When I glued the outer shell together, I immediately noticed that one part has the colouring on the wrong side *sighs* swapping it with the same part of the other steering cabin isn't possible, because it's slightly different at the back end.

083_zpsd6d7957d.jpg

But well... I have faced worse by now xD So I put in the inside (nice if you like green!). The roof needed to be corrected, it was too wide. I think the designer kinda forgot that the outside part of the roof has a ummm... whatchacallthem... one of those flappy thingies that get used to glue stuff together.

084_zpsaab50ea6.jpg

According to the numbering, I should have continues working on getting the structure of the steering cabin done. But, if I had done that, there would have been no way to put in all the little details, for example the wiring (which I took out of a disfunctional spare headlight of my previous car that I didn't throw away yet) which is something like .1 mm thick:

085_zpsddcbe204.jpg

Work on the grille has progressed too. The current state is this:

086_zps366c0742.jpg

And a final look at the inside of the cabin, before I put in the floor (including seats) and the side wall, including doors:

087_zps5fc6f7c0.jpg