SS-1C SCUD B + MAZ-543 by MODELIK

airbob

Modelik direct order advisory!

I ordered this Scud transporter from Modelik 4/17/2007 and as yet have not gotten this kit...I have contacted them x2 in the last week about this...and have recieved no reply as yet....I see that "The Model Store" now has it in stock!...maybe a word of warning on direct orders from Modelik!...I think this will be the last time I do this!:sad:

I ordered mine from Krys last week and had it in my hands 3 days later!
Usually the turn around is 4 days for me but I got lucky this time!:twisted:

He may be slow at getting new kits in stock but you can't go wrong ordering from Krys! He is usually very quick about sending out his orders.

Russell

airbob

I guess I am being paid back for my "lust" for this kit by the Almighty!....again I have not heard from this company (Modelik) on the supposed mail date of 4/17/07....and to insure that this (original) Modelik order will arrive at my residence...all I have to do is order from Krys!:twisted: Bad-ness!:-x :-x :-x

dansls1

May 7, 2007
I've definitely added this kit to the top of my 'wish list' and will definitely be getting one to build once I've gotten my skill up to make it worthwhile!
I also am looking forward to the build thread(s) for it from you guys who have ordered it. This looks like a very cool model!

missymouse

Dec 25, 2005
friday night i'm gonna place an order for the scud and maz model..any info on how long it is? gotta know how much space i need to clear for its display.

dansls1

May 7, 2007
missymouse said:
friday night i'm gonna place an order for the scud and maz model..any info on how long it is? gotta know how much space i need to clear for its display.

450 mm or just under 18 inches according to the info given.

From the other forum linked:

"Modelik 04/07 SS-1C SCUD B + MAZ-543
Mobile ballistic surface-to-surface missile system

Number of paper sheets with parts: 29 x A3
Number of sheets with constuction pictures: 16 x A3
Difficulty level (1-very simple, 5-very complicated): 5
Computer preperation of the project

•fully detailed suspension and all compartments
•moveable launcher
•open able doors, hatches. Shields,
•access to the engine section (dectlinated driver compartment)
•all wheels able to rotate
•front wheels able to turn

scale: 1:25
Length of the model: 450 mm
autor of the project: Karol Ciesielski "

Clashster

Dec 1, 2006
The Conch Republic
I just received this yesterday from Krys... WOW! This is probably the fattest model book I own (and I have a lot)! The diagrams for building are impressive (similar to Halsinki type drawings). I would think you would have quite a bit of time to figure out where to display this, as I think it would take quite some time to build! I want to start this right away, but it is also very intimidating!

Chris

See also my First Impression Kit Review here:

http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9138

This kit will separate the sheep from the goats!! Its level of detail is exquisite and highly-complex and will far surpass anything available in 1:35 either in plastic or resin if the modeler takes their time and has intermediate to advanced skills. In general, if it opened/closed, lifted, or turned on the prototype, then it will do so on this model. (I hope that this does not apply to the 9N33 tactical nuclear warhead !) :)

Details include: steerable front wheels, detailed suspension, full power train, tilt cab, fully detailed interior, fully operable erector-launcher mechanism, and SCUD missile.

Plan to lay in lots of 1 mm/0.5mm/Bristol card stock, also brass/steel wire, wire solderand /transparent plastic if you plant to build this. There is a lot of laminating to do; also over 100 brass/styrene/ wire/ & transparent parts to be made, as well as some some careful building organization.

You will not build this model in a weekend, nor in two months of weekends.
But it will be worth it.

Jim

Jason: I'm happy to do a build thread for you on this, with pictures. If I sent you the Polish instructions, could you translate them for me? PM me here!
JR

jim