SR-2 Normandy Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by melvin008, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Saved the zip file and got the same 404 error for the .pdo.:confused:
  2. anthony344

anthony344 Member

I converted the Pdf file to jpeg then i uploaded to a software call mr. poster & i put the setting at 2 x 2 pages at portrait.

i notice when i converted the pdf to jpeg there is dotted lines in the image so i tryed different program to get those dotted lines out.

Attached Files:

3. F131

F131 Member

4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Big! I like big, big is good. Not as hard on my peepers.:mrgreen:
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Oops

Sorry about that - the filename had a dash where there should have been a space. Fixed now.
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

With the PDO file and Pepakura Designer you can easily scale it up, rearrange the parts and re-print it. This isn't too much work, although some pieces will end up being split over multiple pages.

If there is interest in a bigger version all you had to do was ask. :mrgreen:
    Give me a size and I will make it happen. Of course, that will take a little time out of my work on the SR2, but that's life.

@ Goncalo - it looks like someone created a model and has been building it, but nothing was released. There are references to my SR1 model, and a link to the 3D mesh I am using to create the SR2, but that's all so far. Too bad too. His model looked great. Might be worth monitoring that thread to see if anything further develops.

Sorry about the slow progress. Too many shiny things in the world, and I have been working a lot. Unfortunately paper modeling doesn't pay any bills. I've wrapped up the two things I was building though so I plan on focusing more attention on this project for the next week or two.

Stay tuned,

Steve
  7. widget

widget Member

Thank You
  8. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Great model sjsquirrel!

I like them tinies, so here's my design. Hope all likes! :wave:

Attached Files:

9. F131

F131 Member

Superb!:thumb:
  10. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Now that Super dooper cool:thumb:
  11. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Mabe later on design a larger version of the ssv normandy sr1 at 24" long after when the first kit of SR2 start coming out :mrgreen:, but i'm more interested in starting test build your normandy SR2 kit when it comes out bit by bit.
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Nice work there Thunderchild.
  13. F131

F131 Member

On display. Oops, I guess I should dust.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

14. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Looks very gooooood F131:thumb:, leave the dust it blends in well with the models :mrgreen:.
  15. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Nice shot F131. Everything on that shelf is in my build queue. I just wish I had a shelf like that to put them on.sign1

As for the SR2, I've started unfolding the main hull and correcting issues as I go. Hopefully I'll have it ready for test building this week. I'm experiencing a period of project ADD lately having worked on the SR2, a colt 1911 model, a 1/200 version of my Airtractor, and another generic handgun. And that's just 3D and Pep work, not the stuff I'm actually building. Focus....must.....focus!

And by the way, I don't believe I've seen it mentioned in this forum, but one of our colleagues at papermodelers is designing a new, much more accurate model of the Normandy SR1 (saving me from having to go back and do that). It's shaping up to be a fantastic model of the SR1 to go with this model of the SR2.

Stay tuned.

Steve
  16. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Steve is this the website that your talking about on of the colleagues that is redesigning the normandy sr1, i been watching the progress on it the texture & structure looks more accurate.
    http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/14243-mass-effect-sr1-normandy.html.

Mark
  17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Yup, that's the one. It's shaping up to be a fantastic model of the SR1 and the shape is definitely far more accurate than the one I unfolded. The SR2 model I'm working from was taken directly from the game so it will be as accurate as we can get. The texture may not look perfect but I'll leave that to someone else to rectify.

As far as progress, I've had little energy to work on this the last week or so and the unfold is turning out to be challenging. The geometry of the hull causes sections overlap when unfolded so I'm having to watch very carefully and get creative with the layout. It slows things down, and it's annoying.

The good news is I'm still at it.

Cheers
  18. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Proof of progress

And just so you don't have to take my word for it, here's proof of progress.

The internal formers are done and the unfold is in progress. The first two pages are unfolded and just need lines touched up. The last two pages (formers) are also done. That just leaves three pages of hull sections to refine the unfold - there are a number of issues probably not visible in this image - then touch up the lines. With luck I'll get it done tonight. Then I need to go over it with an eye for the flaps

Bye for now

Attached Files:

19. F131

F131 Member

Looks great, Steve:thumb:
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Excellent!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.