SR-2 Normandy Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by melvin008, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Excellent! Thanks F131. Do you happen to know how it opened? Up, down, left, right, slide into a recess, etc?

One of these days I'll get an Xbox and copies of both games.....

Stay tuned.
  2. Daikhovalin

Daikhovalin New Member

sjsquirrel, that little hatch is indeed the forward airlock. It was not shown in game that I can remember. If I remember right from ME1, the outer hatch opens by recessing inward and then sliding to stern. The inner circular door does pretty much the same after the bolts in the cross slide inward to unlock it. Progress looks great so far. Can't wait to try it. I am very excited about this model. Also, if you are still on the handgun kick you mentioned, would you consider doing one of the guns from Mass Effect? They had some really cool looking ones. There is a 1:1 model of the M8 avenger out already and it is very nice.
    Good luck.
  3. F131

F131 Member

Yep, it pops out from the hull and slides towards the stern.
  4. jake01

jake01 New Member

Wow looks good I want to start building the ssv normandy before the sr2
    but I was thinkin if your makeing it layered yellow LEDS would look nice on the inside can what's the smallest size for LEDs
  5. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

In or out?

So you say it pops out from the hull, and Daikhovalin says it recesses inward.
    But at least you both agree on it sliding to stern :)

I'll mull this over and see what comes to mind. I have a few ideas....

@Daikhovalin - re the handguns, I meant I'm on a handgun building kick, not designing, although I am re-designing one I'm building. The original was hand-drawn and I'm re-doing it in 3D and adding some enhancements. I doubt I'll ever get to any of the handguns from ME.

Cheers,

Steve
  6. F131

F131 Member

7. MTK

MTK Active Member

SJS, if I can help in any way, let me know.
  8. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

I love the video - I had to watch the whole thing. And thanks for the excellent shot of that door. I think I'll just include all the parts and leave it to the builder whether they want to build it open or closed. For now.

Will do. The main hull is getting close to the unfolding and test building stage, test building will be a huge help for making this one the most excellent it can be.

Steve
  9. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

is there any progress on the SR2 yet? i downloaded the SR1 and it looks fantastic, can't wait to build it. just want an SR2 to go with it.
  10. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Progress

I've made some progress since the last pictures I posted but I've been very busy with work and finishing off that handgun I'm building. Never fear, I will get it done, but I'm not the fastest designer in the world - too many projects, too little time.

In the meantime I've also acquired a Mako mesh from another member here so we'll eventually have a nice Make model to go along with the Normandies.

Cheers,

Steve
  11. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

no worries lol, i've still got the SR1 to finish. gotta work on your passions, otherwise it's no fun. i'm sure your SR2 will turn out fantastic.
  12. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

here are some progress pics from my sr1 build. it's not the greatest, but i'm still new to this. first ship i've ever built like this. any tips for the upper wings and the tower for the rear "wing"? those are gonna give me some challenge.

Attached Files:

13. anthony344

anthony344 Member

Hi InsaneDDay69,

here's my trick for the Hull center section & front & rear, if you print another front & rear section & hull center section just cut out carefully from the top where you got the normandy name after that just paste on top of where the joined is if your not shore what i'm taking about i can post some pics up for you.
  14. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

you mean just overlay another hull set onto my existing one? thats a pretty neat idea, i just might do that. any advice for the round tower or the rounded parts of the upper wings? i'm working on the upper engines right now, but i'll get to the wings soon hopefully. thanks for the tip either way.
  15. anthony344

anthony344 Member

i have had a problem with the lower wing & glue the engine to it so on the wing i put small tag on the lower wing where the engine sit in place.

i use normal A4 paper but it was to weak so i cut the parts out & glue it on another a4 paper to double the thickness. too expensive to buy 160 or 200 gm/2 paper.

but i'm not sure witch part that is what your taking about on the upper wing is it on the engine where it rounded.
  16. Will J.

Will J. New Member

ME2 Normandy is definite eye candy - definitely will try my hand at building it when completed and available. Great work so far - it looks great.
  17. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

not the engine, but the wing itself right where the engine attaches.
  18. anthony344

anthony344 Member

sorry melvin008 on posting pic on your thread.
    is it the picture i posted that your talking about if it is i posted on the last post on what i did.

i put small tabs on the wing to join the engine to the wing. i hope this help you if you need anymore help im happy to help along the way or other member can join in on helping you. i just started doing another normandy the first one i did parts started falling off so i scratch that one now i'm doing another one.

Mark

Attached Files:

19. InsaneDDay69

InsaneDDay69 New Member

this piece is gonna be the trouble. sorry for swiping the pic SJ, i didnt know how else to explain it.

Attached Files:

20. anthony344

anthony344 Member

oh ok that the part your talking about yeh it was tricky at first but not so hard as the antenna part that goes on the Fin.
    Part 1.make shore that the white backing is slanted inwards to the rounded end i posted witch way to face it.
    Part 2.i haven't made part 2 yet but if you did put the curved part goes on the round end on part 1 but have it facing downwards as far as it goes.
    Part 3.the part 3 with the fine point that it's facing towards you from the front of the normandy.

i hope i said that right i'm not to good with words but i'm good with pic & editing them.
    if it does not help you with the part i'll post more pic for you so you can get rough idea on those parts.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.