Spring outing for the Traction L/O

Discussion in 'Traction Thoroughfare' started by interurban, Apr 25, 2005.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

We thought we should give the Layout a bit of fresh air as we normaly do fall shows.

This was really a Antique doll toy and train show for one day.
    The organisers had asked if we could attend to give it a railway flavour.So we did.
    Talk about expensive old toys!!!!!!.

Here are some shots of Meccano stuff and our Traction Layout ;)

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

We met up with Big Donny, David aka 60103, and Val aka Spitfire and she bought one , a balsa kit, very old :thumb:
    Lots of nice folk stoped by to say hello and good vibes concerning the L/O , which is always encouraging. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. interurban

interurban Active Member

A girl has to have here hair just right, love the refelction of the bus.
    And a speeder going over the bridge.
    That`s all folks. :cool:

Attached Files:

4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Where was this show located Chris? Looks like it was a fun place to be. Great photos.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Thanks Robin, it was held at the Internatinal Center.
  6. ross31r

ross31r Member

chris, what do you use for track on your layout then?
  7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures Chris. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks for posting the shots Chris! I only made it for the last hour of the show. I popped in to say hi to Chris and the lads, never dreaming that when they say "Toys" they mean all kinds of incredible 1950s era tin toys - cars, robots etc. which I love!!!

I am on the lookout for a Spitfire to have flying over the layout and picked up 2. One is a die-cast Dinky Toy - looks a little less than HO. The other is a balsa wood model that I picked up for $30 off because the seller was getting ready to pack up.

Had a chance to have another chat with the Traction in Action crew as well. All in all a very neat event.

Val
  9. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Val now that you mention Spitfire. I will be building one in 1:48 scale. Haven't gotten around to it yet. I bought it at walmart for 8 dollars. It is made by Revell. But i think 1:48 scale is a little big to be flying over HO Scale trains LOL. :D :D
  10. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi ross, This modual is done in code 100 peco flexy track, to help with the very tight turns we used 18"radius set track , turn it over and cut out every third set of plastic track bed , alternate sides ,then you can bend it to a 9'' radius, trim up the rail that will now be a tad longer on the inside rail and dadaaaaaa you have ready made street car turns.

We used Atlas switches, I prefer Pecoc .
    That`s how I do it on my home L/O too. :thumb:
  11. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The show people are trying to expand the train section. It was quite small compared to most train shows, but there were other things.
    Layouts: Ntrack, HO traction, Lionel, Lego.
    NMRA demonstation table.
    Dealers: British Connection, Various Lionel, Eurotrains from Ottawa, the print people. Various people with one or two train sets.
    We bought a print for our wedding anniversary -- laying the TTC garnd union plus at Queen, King, Rocesvalles and Lakeshore in 1923. (Dayle saw it and suggested we buy it!)
  12. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Chris: did I see a Peter Witt on your layout? I have a picture of one with a bow collector that was used on the Yonge line in 1929. (Not successful, as they only did 7 of them). (Later did a complete conversion of Rogers and Oakwood.)
    Anyway, a bow collector would work on your layout and be an interesting conversation piece.
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

:thumb: Yes you did, It belongs to Andy, he also had a Brill, and a Montreal Southern Counties parked up.

The bow is a great Idea David I will ask Andy if he is willing to do that to his Peter Witt.
    Thanks. :D