Spitfire Visits West Coast Layout

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Yes Spitfire did an inspection on my clubs modular display this afternoon. Based upon some club layout pictures I loaded to the form and Spitfire's plan on being in Victoria, BC, Canada for the holidays we arranged a time to meet at the layout.

Her driver was a friend from California, formally from Toronto, and they both were most generous with their praise of the clubs work.

We both compared notes about the forum and some of the workmanship that is displayed but we agreed that the help and support is still the best benefit.

I must say that is interesting to come face to face with people who you talk with on the form and have come to know in a limited way. Now I know that Spitfire is ready for the big NMRA show 2003 in Toronto and that we may have planted the seed for a trip to Seattle for the NMRA 2004 show.

Spitfire (VaL) and Fiona inspect the Snow Shed Mountains on the Clubs modular layout.

Attachments

• val-vist-2.jpg
    val-vist-2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 124

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Val also visited with one of our members Dave Tomljenovich as they had been discussing some of the scratch build methods Dave used on his saw mill

Attachments

• val-vist-1.jpg
    val-vist-1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 120

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi Ben, Look's like ya'll had a ball. That also looks like a nice winter scene there too.

Getting to meet one of our own sure would be fun.
Gary Pfeil was nice enough to invite me For a tour of his stopping ground. I would like to take him up on that sometime.

t.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I'm here at the Victoria library, logged on to the Gauge - gotta get my fix!
As Ben H mentioned I had a chance to meet him and fellow club member Dave yesterday and it was a lot of fun. A fantastic layout, huge! superdetailed in most areas and a real treat to see. Also Ben and Dave made us feel very welcome, and as he mentioned they'll be at the NMRA show in Seattle in 2004! Looking forward to that Ben!

cheers
:D Val