spinosaurus aegyptiacus

freddyman

just announcing my next prehistoric design and build. it's been a while, hasn't it? anyway, this build would be based on spinosaurus aegyptiacus. the largest theropod dinosaur and largest land carnivore that has ever walked the earth. my model is going to be in 1:48 scale, so it's a little over 15 inches in length. pretty big considering the fact that this animal is as big as a f-35 lightning. i'm also planning on making 3 versions so stay tuned.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have taken a seat here if you don't mind. ;)

BTW, I'd love to see a swimming one (you could hold it in place with wires)..! :)

Last edited:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing it! RF, how would you protect the paper for a swimming model?;)

freddyman

here are the 3 versions
one with proportionally shorter limbs and a revised sail, based on ibrahim new findings
spinosaurus_2_images.jpg

another one with scott hartmans measurments, which resulted with slightly longer legs then the original
cdzAOsc.png

and lastly, one with scott hartmans dorsal structure. in all honesty, unless they are keeping matirial away for the public for now, ibriham has given week evidence on why they placed the holotype caudal spine as a sacral spine. meaning the original dorsal structure design is still just as likely
spinosaurus_aegyptiacus_skeletal_reconstructions_by_brolyeuphyfusion9500-d7zto0v.png

freddyman

i'm back. sorry for the long delay. but christmas, new years, and EOC's all haulted my progress on the model to a limited amount a day. anyway, the prototype is nearing completion. the wrinkles seen in the model, is just months of not touching the body and the models expiriences with being nearly completly crushed by a book. i fixed it to the best of my capabilities but yeah, this thing looked much cleaner
spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_by_spinosaurus1-d8e62es.jpg

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_2_by_spinosaurus1-d8e630m.jpg

freddyman

heres a good view. i am really liking this body shape. it's just so unique compared to any other animal. truly one of a kind. as of now, i'm dimensioning the head. I've been contemplating whether or not to make the jaws movable. what do you guys think?
spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_3_by_spinosaurus1-d8e63gd.jpg

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_4_by_spinosaurus1-d8e63p2.jpg

freddyman

a baryonyx prototype was finished today with working, moving jaws. the jaw mechanics can easily be transfered to the much larger spinosaurus

freddyman

very slow progress, i know. but it's getting done.
the prototype is nearing completion. it now has a head with movable jaws. they are FANTASTIC! its completely different in mehanic than the baryonyx and imo far simpler and yet more efficient and seamless. claws and teeth are all that is needed. i'll seek towards taking photos tomorrow.

freddyman

the continuation of my spinosaurus prototype. it now has a head and teeth. the jaws can move in open and close positions. i am loving the way it looks. all that is left are the teeth oin the lowerd mandible and claws. when done, i will go on and create another one with more refined details and possibly even color. the dent in the rostrum was just evident of my clumsy fingers. the next one would hopefully look far better then this prototype.
spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_5_by_spinosaurus1-d8j45nd.jpg

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_6___jaws_closed__by_spinosaurus1-d8j466w.jpg

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_7___jaws_open__by_spinosaurus1-d8j46hl.jpg

spinosaurus_paper_model_wip_8_by_spinosaurus1-d8j471n.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
At your first attempt at designing a model (especially of a creature), You did an AWESOME JOB!!!
It looks GREAT!
I am looking forward to seeing the next one you do.

freddyman

heres my current 1: 48 scale collection. as you can see how massive spinosaurus is compared to them all. and just to give you an idea on how big these animals were, imagine a little human figure that would be comparatively smaller then the hatzegopteryx skull.
line_up_everyone_by_spinosaurus1-d8j49m1.jpg