Spied in the Enemy's camp

I recently joined that site as I feel that no matter the media we are all modelers (although I wouldn't mind playing around with some "um modells). One of the threads was on the worth of card models as research for scratchbuilt styrene or wood models. I have tried to enlighten them (points for post name) on the value of some of the framing structures we use (not dis-similiar to them). But the thing I wonder about is the scale differences. the 1/350th I can undestand as it seems a pretty standard plastic model scale for ships.. Could this be because of problems with molding larger pieces warpping?. In some ways I feel that the various modeling communities should reach a commonality of scales. Something that was reflected in the "Why so Many"thread

Gil

Jan 25, 2004
Northern Bear Flag Republic
I think it's great! Word is getting around and it's great to have this site discovered by the ship modelers. Now, about the Cleopatra project on Kartonbau Larry...,

Best, Gil

DN

Jun 12, 2004
New York
www.digitalnavy.com
I also visit this board and site frequently. I have to give a credit to the editor -Timothy Dike and his collaborators for keeping this site going - the site is updated very often. I could also learn a lot from them - especially when researching the Arizona.

larrymax

Jan 17, 2004
Corona, CA
home.aaris.net
Gil.....OK, OK.....I'm already feeling sufficiently guilty for not posting any progress pics of Cleo in so long! I promise to go home this evening and work on her! Actually, I've finished one of her anchors! Maybe I can get to the other two this evening! I would really like to get a little further along, then enter her in the IPMS Convention/Competition later this month!

Max
Captain, HMS Cleopatra
Paper Navy of the Bear Flag Republic