speed

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jim currie, Jul 19, 2006.

1. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

is anyone else haveing trouble with the gauge running slower than the proverbial molasses in january? or is it just my sucky dial up connection.:cry:
  2. straight-track

straight-track Member

Jim, I think it might be your dial-up. My DSL is just "rumbling right along ". Joe :rolleyes:
  3. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

I dont have anytrouble with it either. The gauge runs faster than a lot of the other website i go to.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Jim,

We've run into this before where I've had problems with access, and the only other ones to have the same problems were here in the southwest. I've got ultra-high speed cable too, and so does TrainNut, but he had problems the same time I did, so the conclusion is that somewhere along the route between us and the Gauge, we are getting hung up. The next time it happens I'll run a trace, but I don't figure that's going to help anything, just let us know where we're getting bogged down.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That having been said, if everyone was affected, we have had periods where our server gets bogged down. If you remember, a few weeks ago we couldn't view any pictures stored here and Peter had to do some maintenance. We have outgrown this server and should be looking for a change in the near future. That's one reason we asked everyone to sign up for the new Gauge Google Group.
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

I was having some troubles earlier today and I have cable. A couple of times it wouldn't even pop up for me. But it is working fine now.
  6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

It's fine in this far flung outpost of the British Empire. Goes just like a bought one, it does. And It's got a heck of lot further to go to get here. :):) sign1
  7. wickman

wickman Member

For me I tend to get a lot of freezing pages in the midway of my post but that could also be my puter acting up:)