Spare parts for Rivarossi Staem Loco

MarioBarb

Hi

I am looking for a "traction rubber" (if that's the correct term??) for the main driving wheels of a 4-6-2 Rivarossi loco. There does not seem to be a serial number or model number on the loco, other than the railroad number which is "2911". The wheel diameter is about 20mm or 3/4 inch.

I live in Auckland, New Zealand and finding spares seems to be quite difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

(Apologies if this posting is in the wrong place)

Mario

Ray Marinaccio

Hi Mario,
I have used neoprene hair bands to replace traction tires on mine.
I found them at Wal-Mart here in the US. (in the hair dept)

Russ Bellinis

Rivarossi went bankrupt at least once. The company was then bought and the product line redesigned with all new mechanisms and rp25 wheels. To my knowledge there is very little in the way of spare parts available for the older models. What you are describing are called "traction tires". Your locomotive is a Pacific type. I don't recognise the 2911 number, but it is probably the locomotive number from the prototype that it was decorated for. I'm not sure if the traction tires are available for it or not.

toptrain1

Mario. A company named Stewart products made a line of replacement traction tires. It seams now the same line is made by Calmuet trains. Here in the states we have Walters. In their 2007 catalog the items are listed on page 279. Do your trains stores access walters. Riverrossi made a light and a heavy pacific. Their is a small steam package and a large one. The large one lists the heavy pacific (walters #192-512). Their also is a steam assorment (walters # 192-513). That is the one I always get.