Spar Tree

Spartree on Fn3-Layout

Hello,

here is a picture of my first spartree in F-Scale (1:20,3). The system is a "heel boom loading". The model is only the first try and will be rebuild some day. The spartree is fully working and is used on shows to load the logs on the skeletons.

15heelboom_2.jpg

Greetings from Germany
Gerd

jon-monon

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Gerd, that's a fantastic model! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I love it!

:wave: :wave: :wave: Welcome to the gauge! :wave: :wave: :wave:

jon-monon

Wow! Shay in the bulbe is awesome! :D :D :D I understand the secret ingrediant, it's showing in the brown bottle in the spar tree picture :D :D :D

Thank you for setting up you site in English as well as German. I'm sure that was a considerable effort. You've done a nice job on the site as well as the modeling. Great stuff!

Ho Modeler said:
Waldbahner
Did you use a diagram or anything to construct the spar tree?
Eric
Hello Eric,

the diagrams I've used were posted in the thread.
Another source for pictures is the webseite of Marc Reusser or the book "in search of steamdonkey"

jon-monon said:
Wow! Shay in the bulbe is awesome! :D :D :D I understand the secret ingrediant, it's showing in the brown bottle in the spar tree picture :D :D :D

Thank you for setting up you site in English as well as German. I'm sure that was a considerable effort. You've done a nice job on the site as well as the modeling. Great stuff!
Hi,

I've scratchbuild the bulbe as a birthday-gift some years ago. The Shay (It's a modell of cn/10, build by Lima) is a bit larger than N-scale. I've created some other layouts in bulbes. Try a look on this side http://www.gerds-modellbahn.de/sonst/sonst.htm
In the opposite to me, the bulb had find the way to come to America. The new home is in the near of LA.:)

Thanks for the comments to my translation job. I'm using this forum to improve my english. ;) And I think it works good. The next time, I will do a redesign of my logging website with new pictures and some more text in english.

Hi Eric,

yes you can ask... :)

It's a watercar bring water to the donkey engines in the woods. They are often used, if the log landing far away from any river.

Here is an other picture

cars_05.JPG

WaldBahner
Do you have any pictures zoomed into the end of the boom and the top of the spar tree or the joint where the boom meets the spar or any of the pulleys?
Sorry i am asking for a lot but would like to understand the Spartee better before i build one
The picture gets real blurry when i try to zoom in on some of the more intrecit spots
Eric

belg

Marc I tell you what, you are a wealth of info my friend. Your steam in the woods website is awsome as well. I've bookmarked it for future reference, I have one question the things your posting here are they just blurry because you have to shrink them so much and are they directly from your website?