spackle ground contours?

iis612

The ground is rarely flat, and almost never smooth. I was thinking of using spackle to make ground contours. Has anyone ever done this/heard about it/thought about it?

Merry Christmas.
Matt

steamhead

Hi...I use it all the time...I dilute it a bit and brush it on, poking at it with the tip of a short, stiff brush to give it some nice texture. After it dries completely i paint it my favorite ground color (sandy..) and then apply fine sand for additional "depth"...
Good luck..!!! :thumb:

N

nachoman

if it's the pre-mixed kind, don't spread it too thick. No more than about 1/4 inch - otherwise it won't dry right.

Kevin

Herc Driver

I like vinyl spackle (or vinyl drywall compound or joint compound depending on what's sold in your area). The added flexibility of the vinyl makes it easier to sand smooth (for roads) and resists cracking like the regular drywall compound.

BlueHillsCPR

If you use drywall compound and want to smooth an area for a road etc. rather than sanding take a slightly wet sponge and wipe over the area. Unless you gobbed the mud on really chunky this should smooth it right out.

MidnightRR

The ground is rarely flat, and almost never smooth. I was thinking of using spackle to make ground contours. Has anyone ever done this/heard about it/thought about it?

Merry Christmas.
Matt
I prefer Scuplatmold for creating ground contours.