Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Oh man, you have to post some bigger pictures of that D-7. That is fantastic!!!

I always interact with the floor staff. I purchased a $800 dollar solid stainless steel dishwasher, it actually senses what kind of water you have. I asked the guy on the floor, what dishwasher aren't you carrying and you want to get rid of. He said, this one, it's the floor model, I'll give it to you "as is' with a full factory warranty for $185 bucks. I snatched that bad boy right up. After it's done it goes through a steam cycle then dries the dishes. The inside looks almost like Chrome as it self cleans itself every time you use it. It's the best dishwasher I have ever owned. Same thing with a four stove stove top, the kind that you mount and use a separate oven. I called the manager at Home Depot, and said, "Look, that's been sitting there for two years, you aren't going to get $1,2995 for it, it's got scratches on the Stainless Steel, I'll give you $150 bucks. He says, now way I can discount it that much, give me a second, he comes back and says, I'll give it to you for $200 dollars,"as is", with a full warranty, I said you have to include the propane conversion kit, he said no problem, he had bags of them", so I was able to eliminate a big ass bulky stove, and just put the 4 burner stove top, it's a beauty, I polished out the scratches with steel wool, what a maroon! I was able to place it where I wanted. I have a huge Toaster with convection heating, and the same with my 1100 watt microwave. I have found I don't need a big oven, but still am trying to find a deal on one, but only for the house, in case I had to sell it, it would be there.

Need to see more big pics of that D7, your pics are too small, not only on this post, but on most, post some bigger pictures. That ship is beautiful, you did a fantastic job on the whole front section!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::Bravo:

Reactions: Sky Seeker

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Thanks, I will work on my camera settings. I'm glad you got those deals, having your bill roll out helps, just make sure you got just enough to cover your offer, no more!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thanks, I will work on my camera settings. I'm glad you got those deals, having your bill roll out helps, just make sure you got just enough to cover your offer, no more!

Definitely, money talks bullshit walks!! I picked up a 1964 230SL that had a blown head gasket and needed rings. He had Mercedes Benz do the top end but thought they were trying to rip him off when they said he needed new rings and the bore holes honed. He picked uo the car, and it smoked like hell all the way home, right into his garage for 15 years. I showed up, and I had $6000 dollars in my pocket. He wanted 12,000, but said he would take $9500, and he he someone coming over that wanted to turn turn the motor over, I told him I would give him $6K, poulled out the wad, and if that guy touched the car, I would not be back, his wife was standing there saying "take the money, take the money!!!",, so we exchanged paperwork, and I came back the next day and started loading the car. The guy says, "Boy, your good, that guy came back and told me he would have given me the car "as is" without touching it for $9500:. I told him I buy these cars all the time, it's going to a good home.

Mercedes only made 1600 230 SL coupes, this one had the hardtop with it. This one was also standard, with a Borg Warner transmission, they only made 400 like that, and it had the original "Khulmeister" air conditioner accessory, impossible to find. I ended up selling it to my Brother in law, in languishes in his Barn. As it is it's worked around 20K. Kind of pisses me off he didn't do what he said he was going to do with it. Oh well. I've owned may rare models of these cars. I usually only owned them for a few months, and would make $7000 or eve up to $9000 on a flip, after I fixed the minor problems. People with money can be real stupid sometimes. Blowing out my back stopped me, bu t my last beauty was a 1975 SLC. This car could do 145 mph quite easily, and had the biggest sunroof I have ever seen. It looked like "Supercar":)

This is exactly what it look(ed) like.:

1964-mercedes-benz-230sl-convertible.jpg

1975 450SLC, What a blast of an automobile. This is exactly what my SLC looked like, I should have never sold it, I did put 100K miles on it though and still made 3K on it (Magnesium Rims!) :

mercedes-benz-slc.jpg

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
The lighting is well handled too. It bright but not overpowering.

Great work!
I am working on that. I think that either chrome tape is the best answer, or a smaller model, piece by piece made out of black paper and then like with a stencil, cut out the lighted parts for the model to light up. maybe printing on the blank side in black. Glue seems to conduct light, also the paper itself will glow if not completely sealed even on the edges.

Reactions: Cybergrinder

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Those are my favorites, in my little surf town they were the icons of style and wealth all thru the 80's. Well I took those paper towels and did what you said and besides all the ink that came off. And I do mean like a teaspoon [?] now the carriage rest area and blade are clean. There is a little stain on the sponges but no ink is pulling off. The rollers need to be scraped, my thumbnail works good, but I am thinking of some kind of tool short of a wire brush. Thanks for all those tips! saved me from hours of figuring it all out, and also from a tragic mistakes. Moving onto Ron caudillo's bridge again. I have to make all those chairs, I might sub assemble the consoles and box them for later assembly.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Clever's excelsior nacelle. I would recommend snipping a few times along the shield emitter, that long thin stretch, as for when I started to assemble it was hard for it to not warble for some reason. It's kind of neat what he did here on all the smooth curves. I need to get a sheet of brass to bend my folds over or something. I printed blue lines on a kind of stiff wax paper and that's a blue led on the right end lower center. So I will tin foil the insides and end pieces and light it up. I was going to do the blinking running lights but frankly I just wanted to get thru it fast and move on to a larger version or wait until Wulf111 finishes his 1/350 version. Sorry about the size of the image, I am still trying to figure out the settings , I should download the manual for my pawn shop camera.
GEDC2830.png

Reactions: Sky Seeker

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Chrome Spray paint works really well for reflecting light. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I am thinking about using black spray paint and foam spackle to seal the models and then sand and hand paint. Not quite there yet.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I'd use Yellow Elmer's Construction Glue before using foam. That glue has a nice set up time, doesn't penetrate, you can put it on real thin, and it will never come apart. :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
man I have to work on this camera settings and learn the manual verbatim. These are the best I can do today, but now I'm pissed and I will win against this camera.
I think I might hook up the nacelle leds to the Excelsior [ klink clunk ']'good morning capt'' sound.

GEDC2835.JPG

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
man I have to work on this camera settings and learn the manual verbatim. These are the best I can do today, but now I'm pissed and I will win against this camera.
I think I might hook up the nacelle leds to the Excelsior [ klink clunk ']'good morning capt'' sound.

View attachment 161556

Wow!

You're making me want to try one!

Reactions: spaceagent-9

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015

View attachment 161556

Great job Spaceagent (as always)!:King: Love the LEDs. :):Bravo:Claphands:Congrats::Drinks::King:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Well, this one needs finishing and then is done. I lost the impulse fins somehow, maybe my cat... but I got thru the model for the first time. Almost got everything for my cutting station together. My Cat drooled on my bridge, obviously wanted to chew it up... oh well, my second try will turn out better.

GEDC2842.JPG

GEDC2846.JPG

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
Well, this one needs finishing and then is done. I lost the impulse fins somehow, maybe my cat... but I got thru the model for the first time. Almost got everything for my cutting station together. My Cat drooled on my bridge, obviously wanted to chew it up... oh well, my second try will turn out better.

View attachment 161672

View attachment 161673

Great Ship!:King::King::King::King::King: Outstanding use of leds.:Bravo::bowdown::bowdown: Beware of those cats from Felinus! ;) They fear your spacecraft might interfere with their plan for universal domination!;):flag:

Sky Seeker
:tank:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
That Excelsior is fantastic!! It's a beauty for sure. Well done! :Bravo::bowdown: