Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
On the left is my own creation I used masking tape over a plastic model and pulled it off and cut it. the middle is a texture I found online years ago, and now cant find anymore. the right is the middle one I modified into a more oval shape. still working on this, as I am not happy with any of them yet.

GEDC3223.JPG
49069682_1972094513084928_6917874755328540672_n.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
On the left is my own creation I used masking tape over a plastic model and pulled it off and cut it. the middle is a texture I found online years ago, and now cant find anymore. the right is the middle one I modified into a more oval shape. still working on this, as I am not happy with any of them yet.

View attachment 168962
View attachment 168964

Try adding wet strips of paper and letting them dry over that paper model. You will get amazing results. The pic "on the left" looks great, and with a steel ball and willing thumb, could be rounded out some. :)

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Try adding wet strips of paper and letting them dry over that paper model. You will get amazing results. The pic "on the left" looks great, and with a steel ball and willing thumb, could be rounded out some. :)

I think that is EXACTLY the way to do it, [maybe add a little foam spackle to sand smooth], for when I start my paper mache scratch building.

Reactions: zathros

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
Jan 28, 2013
New Mexico USA
I like it! Please make a paper model out of it someday
Will take a serious look..BUT, the lines you see are NOT textured..and the panel lines and greebles are MODELED in!!! So would take quite a bit of work to flatten this out just as a wild guess just the wing sections would have to be at least 3*4 layers to replicate the greebles...only the egg sections would be difficult, but not that much as they are already broken up to sections... we shall see...

Reactions: spaceagent-9

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Progress report on the Wulf111 Romulan D7 1-05-2019. there are a couple of parts that I just dont get on this, minute details that involve simple ''cutting to size'' and since I have built this one 3 times I am recognizing this. I suggest that if you are ''???'' about one of the small detail parts and where to cut them, simply print out 2-4 of them and practice. The rods in the nacelle troughs are not meant to be round, they are meant to be folded in to a half-plank and one end folded and cut to cover the edge. If you look at the pic you will see that I discovered this while I was building it. I did change the colors of the LEDs in the nose of the ship to match something I liked that I saw on a plastic kit. but since I intend to build a larger more aluminum colored version that will match the model colors of lit energy ports exactly I thought I would just do it. I made a mistake cutting the propulsion vets on the aft side, I was trying to match the remastered TOS version, but it was late and I flipped them the wrong way. Owell. I will post a recolor of this model here and now to show you the lighter texture.
KD7 generic build pic 1.JPG light rom wulf e.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Thank you. Like I said, I am having trouble with some of the very small contour thin parts. I am eliminating them on the modification. I also have found that the rounded parts that are assembled in strips look a lot better if they are mashed into each other on the seams, and use a fill of your choice behind for holding the shape. Balsawood, paper crumpled up, styro-foam all work good.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
Finally done!
Next, big Romulan bird or prey TOS.
Then a Romulan pretos troop carrier
and I have the Rawen big ol' K'Tinga printed cut out.
Still haven't run dry on ink yet, but I know that it will just go fade in the middle of a sheet printing, so I will have to keep trying and maybe print out Zosho's romulan warbird!
[need to contact wulf111 and see if he has that great big monster RwB available! ]
wulf111 rom d7 multi build pic.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I ran into some trouble on the new Romulan bop, so I need to go back and make that ''sammich'' piece. It's the obvious solution to the problem. That means heat gun the whole assembly, [ I use hot glue] pull it apart and make that piece and attach the top and bottom.