Space, the final frontier..... He's dead, |Jim.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its mission: to explore strange new scales, to seek out new folds and new internal supports, to boldly go where no model has gone before.

So, no prizes for guessing the next build... ;)

But, which version, we wonderss, yesss we wonderss.....

(Sorry, crossed franchises there ;))

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Too many E's, IMHO, got for something not often done. :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Yup, @THE DC ! Enterprise A - Galileo shuttle kind of gives it away ;)

I didn't like the colour scheme on the refit. Its the 1:400 version with lots of interiors :)

I'm going to do an "ILM" at some point in the model, so everyone, keep your eyes open ;)

Reactions: blake7

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I may remember seeing a Merchantman in the works but it was some time ago. I guess the creator was Bones, IIRC.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
the merchantman st3 would be very small in scale with the KBOP and then the Enterprise. i could take a whack at it, but it would be a very simple model, most details shaded and printed, not greebled. want it?

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Yup, @THE DC ! Enterprise A - Galileo shuttle kind of gives it away ;)

I didn't like the colour scheme on the refit. Its the 1:400 version with lots of interiors :)

I'm going to do an "ILM" at some point in the model, so everyone, keep your eyes open ;)

I look forward to this build thread. Let us heard your construction tips and suggestions, as well as any model observations.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
So, I have to say that the formers & supports are the bulk of this model, providing the shape & strength, the shell is really just that :)

Thanks Blake7!

So, off we go with the model it's self :)

Deflector dish

IMGP0001.JPG IMGP0002.JPG
LED holder, which I have to say was much easier than Voyager :)

IMGP0003.JPG

Dish completed

IMGP0004.JPG

Then the aborium, yes this will be lit up! (once I figure out how to work the LEDS & wires around the formers...)

IMGP0005.JPG

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
So, there are several in-accuarcies in the instructions, lots of time spent scratching my head & paging through printouts, I'll note then as I come across them. First one is the numbering is out on the the deflector outer parts, the second "tier" in form the dish is labeled as 5 on the instructions but is actually 4 on the template. (this one's easy to figure out though ;))

I continued with the deflector "supports" (dunno what else to call them?)

IMGP0007.JPG