Space Battleship Yamato

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by xinzon, Oct 14, 2006.

1. xinzon

xinzon New Member

I'm looking for the Space Battleship Yamato(called argo in US i think), i found it on sale here http://www.hlj.com/product/WNM29817 ,unfortunatley it's out of stock, and it's too far away for me , my parents would freak out if they found out that i was ordering paper models from japan :-D . Does anyone knows other place where can i find it, if possible in digital form (pdf, jpg, etc...).
  2. xinzon

xinzon New Member

I'm looking for the Space Battleship Yamato(called argo in US i think), i found it on sale here http://www.hlj.com/product/WNM29817 ,unfortunatley it's out of stock, and it's too far away for me , my parents would freak out if they found out that i was ordering paper models from japan :-D . Does anyone knows other place where can i find it, if possible in digital form (pdf, jpg, etc...).
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

That is not possible or legal... and rather frowned upon here.

I want it as well and even a legal copy is near to impossible to aquire as this and other great kits are out of print.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

That is not possible or legal... and rather frowned upon here.

I want it as well and even a legal copy is near to impossible to aquire as this and other great kits are out of print.
  5. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

It was out of stock when I ordered mine also. They had one ready for me in 3 days. It's well worth the money and the wait.
  6. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

It was out of stock when I ordered mine also. They had one ready for me in 3 days. It's well worth the money and the wait.
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

So we can still order out of stock items???

Oh hell... Terminator here I come!!! :twisted:
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

So we can still order out of stock items???

Oh hell... Terminator here I come!!! :twisted:
  9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

If they can find one they will get it for you. You won't be billed until it's ready to ship.
  10. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

If they can find one they will get it for you. You won't be billed until it's ready to ship.
  11. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Some where did have some T800's but they were like $60 which is quite a lot plus where the heck would you put the compleated model? its massive.
  12. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Some where did have some T800's but they were like $60 which is quite a lot plus where the heck would you put the compleated model? its massive.
  13. xinzon

xinzon New Member

Nice to know, i will try to order it in a nearby future. Is hobbylink the only store, where they sell the yamato?
  14. xinzon

xinzon New Member

Nice to know, i will try to order it in a nearby future. Is hobbylink the only store, where they sell the yamato?
  15. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I second the recomendatation to the hobbylink. I ordered a pre-order item from them almost 8 months ago. Sure enough in August the second it was available I received an email confirming they had it in stock and a yes/no whether they should go ahead and charge the credit card and continue with shipping. Got my item two weeks later.
  16. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

I second the recomendatation to the hobbylink. I ordered a pre-order item from them almost 8 months ago. Sure enough in August the second it was available I received an email confirming they had it in stock and a yes/no whether they should go ahead and charge the credit card and continue with shipping. Got my item two weeks later.
  17. gian7675

gian7675 Member

Hi guys!

Just an update on the Space Cruiser Yamato. It seems to be readily available in Japan but not at HLJ per se. It's not in stock at their warehouse but when i ordered at HLJ, they found one for me immediately.

Here is the timeline:

May 20 - I ordered Space Cruiser Yamato Paper Craft from HLJ

May 20 - HLJ acknowledges my order for the Space Cruiser Yamato Paper Craft and puts it in backorder

May 22 - HLJ informs me that they have gotten hold of a Space Cruiser Yamato and asks for payment:) Just 2 days!

May 22 - I finally give to them my credit card info (I didn't send it to them immediately =)

May 27 - HLJ ships the Space Cruiser Yamato to my address

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive. I opted for the EMS shipping so it'll arrive soon =)
  18. jleslie48

jleslie48 Member

and I'll also mention my pleasant experience with them. I pre-ordered as well and not a word was heard from them for 8 months, as soon as the item was available, they said I had one reserved, and would I still l like it. 2 weeks later I had my item.
  19. gian7675

gian7675 Member

May 30 - Space cruiser Yamato arrives at my address! Yay!

The Paper Craft Space Cruiser Yamato! yay!
    [​IMG]

After my Mazinger Z Trial build http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8756
    I'll make this one immediately :)

This time more properly and with actual cardstock! 8) I'm going to enlarge this baby too.
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow, that is awesome, what great service!
    Just order and let them do all the footwork for you!8)
    Hope you don't mind me asking but how much was this model, and the shipping?
    Also, where do you live? So I can get an idea how much it might cost me.:wink:
    Thanks!

Russell