Space:1999 Eagle

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Frohickey, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Hi there. This is a 14 inch model of the Eagle spacecraft from Space:1999.
    I drew out the parts designs and scanned them, refined them on the computer and printed out the results. This is the second phase model, the first phase being a blank model without linework, just to see how to create the parts and angles. Phase three will be when I've worked out the bugs and kinks so one can print out the designs and assemble them without trouble. Hope you all like it.
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

3. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Frohickey,

Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have ya!
    Wow, Sign me up for a copy of this one, I remember watching every episode of this show back when it first came out.
    If you would like a copy of the "hand phaser" from the show, you can find a free download of it here: http://users.sdccu.net/chthulhu2/models.html just look thru the photos and click on it when you see it. The "comlock" model is also there from the show for free download.
    Now all we need is a model of the "hawk" which was the fighter version of the eagle.
    Anyway, let me know if you need a "beta tester" to assemble it and give you opinionsof how it goes together, I love this model.

have a good day andagain welcome to the forum,

Greg aka GW
  4. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

I may be really dense, but I don't see the model or a way to display it.

You guys can obviously see it. Weird.
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

his album
  6. jlinscheid

jlinscheid Member

Ah, ok. Thanks!
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I don't know if this was the first model(since you are a new member on this site) you ever designed or not but it looks like a real nice quality model.
  8. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Hi again and thanks for your comments. If anyone wants a better picture of the model, let me know and I can email you a bigger file.
    The other eagle model that was mentioned seemed far too complicated to duplicate. My design is very simple for the most part and would be fairly easy to build. The engine assembly takes a while because of the repetition of parts to build but altogether, it's a simple, clean design that any paper modeler could build without too much difficulty.
  9. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy again frohicky,

Well, let me be quick to respond I would love to see more pics of this model, you can email it to me by clicking on my email link below, I can handle anysize file you can send.
    And yes I was just looking at the Hawk model and the eagle with the labrotory modules in google.
    I cant wait to see more photos of this.

have a good day and I hope to hear from you soon,

Greg aka GW
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

Color me "impressed." When you first look at an Eagle, you think it's just a straightforward modular craft, but then when you start studying the thing, you realize there are a lot of compound curves and intricate details. You're off to a great start designing this thing, and I can't wait to see where it goes.
  11. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Eagle card model

Thanks again for your comments. I hope I can finally get around to finishing this project so you guys can have a chance to build it yourselves.
  12. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

This one's been under lock and key for over 2 years, but I'd love to get my hands on it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:shock:
  13. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Lock and Key? Where is it?
  14. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Smart Group - modular space group. But as I said, it's been under lockdown for over 2 years. :(
  15. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

seriously...
    Id push an old lady down a flight of stairs to get my hands on that...
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:
    John John
  16. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

WOW

Dude! :shock: I'd seriously like to get my hands on that model! Are you going to distribute it when your done?

Pete
  17. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Space:1999 Eagle card model

I'm nearly finished phase three of the project; last minute details, corrections and such. Soon there will be a web page that you all can access to download the model. I still have to make up an instruction sheet.
  18. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Frohickey,

Great! I can hardly wait. I fopund another paper model of the eagle, but it looks nothing like yours. I look forward to the release of yours as I am sure lots of other folks do too.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  19. Frohickey

Frohickey New Member

Space:1999 Eagle card model

I'm about to build the phase 3 model to make sure my revisions work out. I'll let you know when it's ready for distribution.
  20. angevine

angevine Member

Is there anymore news regarding this amazing model?

I'd marry you for that kit!!!!!!!

Please, please tell me it finished and available to download, buy, auction, kidnap..... (list goes on but writer has cramp!)