Sound decoders?

jflessne

I just want to make sure before I buy like 4 of these.

Just got this email from Litchfield Station:
A large shipment of DSD-101LC decoders arrived earlier this week. All back orders have been filled and they are available for sale. CLICK HERE TO BROWSE the various prime mover and steam sounds available.

Are these sound and function decoders???? For $52? Anyone familar with these?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Yes they are. The Soundtraxx DSD-xxx-LC series are "integrated" sound and control decoders, while the DSX- series are sound only, designed to be piggybacked onto installed "control-only" decoders. See www.soundtraxx.com for more.

BTW, "integrated" does not necessarily mean that the circuit baord and speaker are all in one piece. It may require separate installation of a speaker.

As for the price, they have come down quite a long way in the past year or two. Don't ask how much the sound decoder for my Proto2000 0-6-0 was 4 years ago...! :rolleyes:

Andrew

Smoke

SOU is for you!!
So they come with speakers just need to be hooked up?? How would it fit in a Atlas GE DASH 8-40CW?

Jim Krause

Check before you buy. My Soundtrax equipped Bachman Shay has an LC series decoder and it states several places on and in the box. Warning, use this locomotive only on DCC system. Using on DC system will result in damage to the locomotive.