Sound decoders and MRC Command 2000

up_santafe

Hi,

Well, unlike many MRC Command 2000 DCC users I have read about on
other forums, I enjoy mine thoroughly. Its' ease of programming and use is excellent for my small busy HO layout. (My wife also uses a Command 2000 on her N scale layout.)

I have heard different Soundtraxx and QSI sound decoder equipped
locos and am considering installing them in my Trix Big Boy,
Rivarossi Challenger and other locos, but am wondering if the sound will work properly with the Command 2000 and how to program any options.

I suppose if not I could upgrade to the Prodigy Advanced or perhaps a Digitrax Zephyr, but I really like the way I can control 5 loco addresses at the same time (using a hand held and command station) without having to flip any switches or access any addresses.

Anybody have any ideas or experience in this area?

Thanks and Happy New Year
Ray:wave:

KoalaEngineer

up_santafe said:
Hi,

Well, unlike many MRC Command 2000 DCC users I have read about on
other forums, I enjoy mine thoroughly. Its' ease of programming and use is excellent for my small busy HO layout. (My wife also uses a Command 2000 on her N scale layout.)

I have heard different Soundtraxx and QSI sound decoder equipped
locos and am considering installing them in my Trix Big Boy,
Rivarossi Challenger and other locos, but am wondering if the sound will work properly with the Command 2000 and how to program any options.

I suppose if not I could upgrade to the Prodigy Advanced or perhaps a Digitrax Zephyr, but I really like the way I can control 5 loco addresses at the same time (using a hand held and command station) without having to flip any switches or access any addresses.

Anybody have any ideas or experience in this area?

Thanks and Happy New Year
Ray:wave:
Hi Ray,
You will only get a bell or whistle sound on the Command 2000 out of your sound equipted trains. I tried running mine at our club who had the Command 2000 and that is what I got. I have a Soundtraxx decorder. Our club eventully switched over to Digitrax in the last few months so now we have full sound.

Aline